Old 04-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #11
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Sorry Not that simple. The Floor is a (Luan/foam/Luan) sandwich bolted to the Top of the Frame! Then the Walls and everything else is placed on TOP of the Sandwich! Then the Roof! The walls and everything inside must be (Seperated and Lifted/Supported) to (Properly) replace your flooring. People have (Patched) areas but under the (Outside Walls) that support everything the (Floor) must go Under the Walls! Youroo!!
How does one go about separating and lifting walls and everything? Is there some kind of procedure for this? Is this really posible? I know in the old days when cars had frames there were six bolts that held the body to the frame.

comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #12
Originally Posted by tking01_2000 View Post
Repair is done 3r rv repair fixed for me very reasonable and like new camper now
Can you explain what was done to fix it?

I was under the impression there was no easy way to fix the Luan sandwich other than taking the unit down to the trailer and then placing a new floor down and rebuilding the RV.

Those RV's with a wood floor can probably be patched but I thought the luan sandwich was not patchable.

P.S. You can attach photos directly by using the "manage attachments" button below the reply to thread window. I would be (and others also) interested in seeing some pics.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
i done a few of these. look underneath and figure where the supports are. your going to add 2x4s on the perimeter of whatever floor you remove. half under old and half width under the new. this wil be shaved to foam thickness. then dado cut to accomodate new floor thickness, at least 5/8". or 3/8" on the floor with more joists if preferred. new 2x2s on 16" centers in the field and they must have support underneath. bracing will prolly needed to be welded underneath. expand the repair if necessary to get that support. plunge cut floor and carefully chip foam the 2" necessary for the perimerter 2xs. use construction adhesive, countersink, and screw. thats how ive done em anyway...

when I go as far as lifting the walls, I use cable lift camper jacks. I put jack stands under the rear and lower the tongue jack. I then wedge the camper jacks between floor and walls. opposite for the rear...

Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote