Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #11
Celestep, thank you, and everyone else for the responses thus far. Fortunately, our beds are holding up very well and I've never seen any leaks or unexpected condensation/moisture.

It was raining quite hard when we put up the beds, so I'm sure it was just leakage through the zippers. The recommendation to pull the mattresses before lifting the beds in the rain is probably a good one.

After setting the camper up and letting it air/dry out, everything looks good.

Eric & Abby
2016 Rockwood Roo 183
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
ebcobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
Originally Posted by ebcobra93 View Post
We just finished a two and a half week long camping trip (5 different campgrounds). Our 2016 Roo 183 held up very nicely.

During our last two days, it rained practically non-stop. I was happy to not find any leaks...until we put up the beds. I'm assuming that water trapped on top of the canvas came in through the zippers. When we got home, I set the camper back up and found that the mattresses are now wet around the edges.
Have others experienced this issue? I assume it's normal.
My wife and I bought a Rockwood Roo 233s. And has leaked. Took it to warranty place and they said they thinks it is fixed. Nope still leaks going back again. One thing I noticed is that they do not have rain gutters above the tent beds like the older ones. Everyone I have talked to that has the similar campers say they have leaks too. I will ask the warranty company to put the rain gutters on like the older models have

Ron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #13
We recently had to fold up the beds in the rain and the tent ends did leak through the zipper. The mattresses did not get wet but the water did leak on the floor. We wiped everything down after folding up the beds and when we got home we opened everything up to dry for several days. We have never had an issue otherwise.

2012 Roo 183

2013 7 nights camped
2014 10 nights camped
2015 17 nights camped
2016 10 nights camped
Hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote

bed, beds