Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #1

Unhappy Found a leak in my 2012 183

Got to the campground last weekend and found the rear mattress was damp and there was water sitting in the channel between the white outer seal and inner edge that seals to the black seal. The deck was also damp with some water droplets. It had happened earlier that day as we had a huge rain storm. Took the mattress out and dried it out in the sun. I closed the bed back up to investigate closer and noticed that when closed, the outer white seal is completely crushed at the bottom, but barely touching at top sides and along top. From inside I could feel that the top black seal is also barely touching the bed door. Spoke to the dealer and I am to bring it in next week after we return from our Thanksgiving camping trip. He thinks the hinge may have been installed too close in at bottom and the door is binding and not closing properly. Will update this once he confirms the issue. Hopefully not a huge job, but at least it is warranty....

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
2012 R00 183
delivered 2 Sep 2011

2012 nights camped = 27
2011 nights camped = 22
Canuck_Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #2

Wow, that's a real shame about the seal.

I have purchased a new 2012 183, but have yet to pick it up from RvWholesalers. Really interrested to know your satisfaction and any problems you might have. I live north of you in Bolton. Regards from a fellow Canuck.
Roopert21bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #3

You might have the same problem that I have with my 2010 sunseeker maybe you should take a look at my post that I put up, Here is the link, I sure hope it isn't the same as mine.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f185/please-help-with-our-2010-2690-sunseeker-11469-new-post.html
toreelsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toreelsada
You might have the same problem that I have with my 2010 sunseeker maybe you should take a look at my post that I put up, Here is the link, I sure hope it isn't the same as mine.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-new-post.html
The OP has a hybrid travel trailer and is talking about the bunk doors leaking, which is totally different since motorhomes don't have such things.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote