Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #1

Front bed contacts Atwood power jack - Roo 23SS

Hello - I have an early build 2009 Rockwood Roo 23SS. I totally love the travel trailer! I do have a concern where as when the front bed is open it sets on top of the Atwood power jack top cover. At first is was not a big deal however as time has gone along the jack top cover has now cracked open. I noticed that the later produced Roo's have a different front power jack with a lower designed head. This gives clearance between the jack and the bed. My question is does anyone know who the manufacture is and the part number for that newer power jack?
DanLavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #2

Hi, just started with the forum. Like reading the questions and love the answers, so I thought I might as well jump in with my 2 cents. I am a full time Service Manager of a Auto repair shop. I work part time saturdays at a RV dealer that sells Rockwood. (Forest River). The jack is made by Atwood. The model should be on the plastic head on a tag. If I were you though, I would talk to the dealer you purchased your trailer from. Most trailers are ordered without a power jack and alot of them are sold and installed at the dealer level. (At least in our experience) I would assume the dealer could get you out of that jack and into a more suitable one. Jacks are rated by lift capability and there just isn't that many choices. You should be able to match what you have by sight. Hope this helps.
eramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #3

eramir thanks for your "2 cents" worth. I wasn't sure if the power jack was installed at the factory or by the dealer. My trailer was a special order and not an in stock unit. My dealer has been absolutely terrific however when I mentioned this concern with the power jack I was given an answer I really wasn't willing to except. But I think that was more the individual and not necessarily the reflection of the dealer. I'm trying to find out the make and model of the lower profile jack that is currently being installed so that I can be armed with information. That that make sense?

I too am new to this forum and also work in the automotive world at a Ford dealership. I have also enjoyed reading some of the posts and replies. I have also learned some great tips along the way!

Again thanks for the reply.

Happy camping!

Buy American - Help keep America going strong!
Old 10-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #4
Site Team

i know many 23SS owners have installed Ultra-Fab jacks and have no clearance problems. don't know anyone with a Atwood jack.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #5

My Camper is not a Rockwood but I do have a Ultra-Fab jack on it. Model # 3002 it's good for 3000 lbs. It's measures 17 5/8" from the Trailer frame it sit's on to the top of the jack.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #6

Thanks for taking the time to measure and reply. My Atwood Deluxe model #80515 measures 25" from the trailer frame to the top of the jack. Sounds like the Ultra-Fab would be a better match. How much travel does the Ultra-Fab have? The Atwood has 14.25" of travel from retracted to extended. Would I be loosing travel with the Ultra-Fab? Wait I just looked it up. Looks like the Ultra-Fab has 18" of travel. Is that true? I would have a jack that fits my trailer better and has more travel. Who would of thought that. Thanks again for the reply's and information.

Tags
23ss, bed, roo