Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 PM   #11

Let's hope that someone who may have replaced a tent end is monitoring this vs watching the CMT music awards..lol. The SOB (Some Other Brand) had a plastic strip you screwed threw and then into the tent ad into the wall. There were 12 and were about 3/4" long and were spaced about 3" apart in the corners and about a foot apart along the straight edges. I just took a look at the 23ikss and see where you could use a plastic strip if needed. No pics of where it pulled out on yours so I'm only guessing.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #12

I'll send photo in the morning. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #13

To provide an update...I was able to re-seal the seam using 100% silicone adhesive caulk. We'll see how long the lifetime guarantee will last. On another note. Looking closely and trying to figure out why the poorly-attached tent end came out, I'm convinced the pop-up gizmos are what caused or at least contributed to this issue. I have the very high wind model and strap the bungees to themselves under the bunk. Use the provided clips on the edges. I think the clips provided the "pull" enough to pull out the poorly-attached seam from the attachment point in a 20-30 MPH wind. Again, high wind in New Mexico this time of year and the gizmos did stay on but the tent took a beating because of this I believe. I'll still use them in the fall but never again in the spring and early summer. So you folks thinking about the velcro option along the top, keep an eye open for the seam to pull away from the top attachment point. It will be easy to tell because you'll notice the gaping holes in the top corners of the tent from the inside. Good Luck!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #14

We are getting the front tent end replaced under warranty (someday) and they say they have to replace the whole bunk not just the tent? But I also noticed the plastic strip had popped up and about 6 inches of the tent came lose....
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #15

Very interesting if the PUGS contributed to the issue. It does at least give me pause enough that I may not use velcro instead of the first few bungees. That will keep any "pull down" force on the velcro and not on the silicone...i hope.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #16

I am having the exact same issue and I've never had PUG's installed.

Here's a picture of the bad side:

Here's how the canvas sags:

A picture of the good side (although it looks like it might be out soon):

There are 2 three inch pieces of plastic U-channel in each corner. Not quite sure what they are supposed to do. I took them out from the outside so that they would get lost. I don't know whether to take it in for repair or try and fix it myself. It is out of warranty so I'll have to pay one way or another.
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:50 AM   #17

Yes, your pictures are just what happened to my unit. I was able to tuck the seam and the plastic channel back into place with silicone as stated in my earlier post. I am headed back to a windy lake again today with rain expected tomorrow. I'll report on my repair and let everyone know if it was successful.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #18

Well I will need to pay attention.....mine came undone were the tent attached to the bed of the bunk.
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #19

My repair seems to have worked! A great weekend at the lake with lots of rain and of course, lots of wind. My tent held up like a champ. I didn't use my PUGS this time but am planning on using them next time we go out. Hopefully this was just FR trying to save a few pennies by not using enough adhesive silicone to secure the seam in place.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:53 AM   #20

So do I just run a bead of caulk and glue the tent to the bunk? Then do I caulk the plastic strip over the tent end? How about screwing it down? Right now it is duck taped on the outside to the frame. One more silly question, are there different types of silicon caulk? Thanks Sue