Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 22
I re-inserted the plastic channels inside the tent. My rear tent was still intact so I was able to feel where these channels needed to be placed. I cleaned the clear caulk from the corners on the outside of the bunk. I then dry-fit the tent end on the top and sides to be sure it would re-attach ok. I purchased a GE product called 100% silicone. I ran a bead of silicone on the side of the bunk first and shoved the tent in back into place. I then ran a bead along the top (there is a small metal channel running along the top and sides) channel, inside the channel, and shoved the tent end in place there too. I then did the same to the other side channel. From the inside of the tent, I was able to ensure a good tight fit. When I was happy with the fit, I squirted a fair amount of this silicone in the upper corners of the tent end. This was the final plug to the air gap I could still see from the inside. I did not put any additional silicone along the tent on the outside. I don't have the ability to take and post pictures, sorry.
__________________

__________________
rgthoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.