Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #11

Sent my 270ret crusader back to the factory. It came back within two weeks. They did a very nice job on it. They even had done a few extra's like...... Added door bumpers, door locks for the siding bathroom/Bedroom doors and extra straps for the table chairs. They picked it up at my home and sent it back to my home !!!! I'm in Michigan, the factory is in Indy. You did the right thing, sending it back to the factory. They will repair it right !!!

( slide problem, cabinet doors, carpet, TV cabinet replaced )

Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #12

Frustrated-Need Some Advice, Please - ANOTHER UPDATE

Hello,

Just heard my first repair update from FR. According to FR it is in service and they are waiting on parts. Wonder what parts they are waiting on at the factory They hope to have it done in less than 2 weeks and are switching it over to the new style bunk. Does that make it a HYBRID hybrid? Still hoping it works out...scared to death about getting any NEW problems with the upgrade. No other updates on the slide (and other items on my list) except that they are working on it. I'll update when I get more info.

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
2008 Chevy Express 3500 Explorer Conversion
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Don't be scared to death. Its just not healthy

Seriously, though. This sounds to me as if they are taking care of you. I am sure the issues will be solved.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
Moderators' Assistant

could be waiting on new canvas ends from the supplier. or bunk doors from the supplier.
remember that they assemble pieces from other companies and don't actually manufacture them, except for maybe the walls and cabinetry.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #15

Latest Update - Frustrated-Need Some Advice (A little long)

Hello,

Well, good news and some bad news. First the good...my 2011 233s now has the latest bunk ends with the attached material. According to FR, they put the unit in their "rain booth" and it "leaked like a sieve". It also has a new actuation system for the slide out. Almost made it through PDI @ FR without fixing the slide. Said they couldn't find a problem then Gregg Rollins told the tech to add weight to the slide. Guy weighing about 145 lbs (according to Gregg) stood inside slide and it would not go in. Hence...new actuation system installed. Also allegedly took care of a small leak in the main door, wobbly dinette table and Concertone unit that wouldn't read DVDs (my 2nd one). It was apparently finished today and was being cleaned and inspected again. Also said they checked the roof, seals, etc. Now the bad...

FR was covering the transportation to and from the factory from the Cincinnati dealership. Now the transportation company is running several weeks behind and can't guarantee it will be delivered back to my dealer by next weekend...we have a trip scheduled and have already cancelled one while it was at the factory. Some more good news, though...FR says they will reimburse me for fuel if I want to pick it up myself. Said they are offering this to everyone. Now I just have to see if I can get a day off of work to do it. This all sounds like a lot of stuff, but it has been a pleasant experience working with Gregg Rollins @ FR. I'll let you all know how it goes when it finally comes home. Who knows, maybe in a couple of days...keeping fingers crossed. Thanks!

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #16
Current River Rat

Too bad it just takes so much time and aggravation to get it corrected. Glad to see you made progress. Hope it comes out fixed and ready to go.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
Site Team

Gregg Rollins sounds like someone I would want on my team. I know it's a long drive but having a choice to go & pick it up is a lot better than just waiting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will have your Roo home soon and you can start playing in it.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

I've only heard of Gregg through FRF and by all accounts he is an excellent resource. Wish he'd come onto the forum. We could use him in the Hybrid area (hint hint just in case you're listening in Gregg).

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #19

Agreed Gregg is great he got me the new rivets for my bunk hinges
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #20

Heading out early in the AM to the FR factory in Millersburg, IN to pick up my newly repaired 233s. Spoke with Gregg again today and (hopefully) plan on meeting him while I'm there. I asked that a tech do a walkthrough with me on the repairs. Will be bringing "Rooby" home tomorrow and she hits the campground this weekend. I'll update when I can...hopefully with some pics of my "hybrid" hybrid Fingers crossed!

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch