Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
Spoke with Greg today and he told me that the furnace the unit comes with is sized at the factory according to specs and floor plan.
He did suggest that I could add up to two more furnace vents, and he would supply the needed hose and parts to connect to the heater.
After talking with Greg, he said he gets other e-mails from Hunters and anyone else camping in the Cold..
Going to head out to the camper and try and find a spot or two to add some duct work and vent.
Thanks all for your help & suggestions.

big2na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Keep us informed and post any pictures if you end up making modifications to the duct work. Good luck.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #13
We also use a Coleman catalytic heater to take the edge off. When we cold weather camp we bring our backpacking mummy bags and thermal.underwear to sleep in. I would not mind temps in the 50s especially if it is 20 outside. I have not cold weather camped in the Roo yet...maybe a trip over MLK weekend here locally in the mountains is due.
Bob, Tonya and the kids
11 Rockwood Roo 233S
08 Grady White Seafarer 228
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
I hope I'm not late on helping you with some ideas.

We have a 2010' - 21SS. It maybe a smaller floor plans than yours, but the same issue as your unit. Our 21SS has three vents; one by the door, one in the bathroom, and one under the fridge. The furnace works great while in the 40’s to 60’s range. When temperature drops below 38F we supplement the furnace with ceramic heaters ($12 to $18 at Wally's), and they work great as experienced last Christmas while camping at 21F.

We also use Reflectix ( that can be purchase at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $54 for a 25'-roll. We installed Relfectix under the mattresses, and use Reflectix cutouts on the windows. I hope you have the heated mattresses, if not you can supplement with wool covers or heated blankets.
See ya' out there.
NONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Gregg Rollins is the Roo warranty rep and should be able to direct you.
i think his email is
his email is the inc was left out.

Tom T is offline   Reply With Quote

233, 233s