Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #1

furnace and packing and wardrobe closet?

We just got a Rockwood Roo 233s Does the furnace need an electricity to run? I'm guessing so for the fan.
What is the best way to secure lawn chairs and coolers during transport. I've been told to pack items in the middle of the trailer, but that is a lot of space. I need to pack two recliner lawn chairs and two coolers. I don't want them to shift a lot when moving.
Any suggestions for an additional hanger rod for my wardrobe. I pack jackets and rain gear for the seven of us.
One more, clothing storage under the side bunk, currently I am using canvas totes but it wastes space. What do you use.
Mcclan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:32 AM   #2
Site Team

the furnace needs 12v battery power, for the electronics and the fan.
we put the chairs on top of the dinette, in bed mode.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:47 AM   #3

I've been transporting a cooler inside the camper also. I had just been setting it on the floor and I noticed it was shifting around. My wife uses the sticky mesh mats under the dinette cushions to keep them from sliding off the benches so I just pulled one of those out and placed it under the cooler. This keeps it in place.

Amazon.com - Grip It Shelf and Drawer Liner Bright White - Shelving Liner Grip It

I started placing my folding director style chairs under the dinette just by standing them on their sides.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #4

As BikenDan said furnace runs off 12VDC if you are not on electric it will eat up your battery if you use it constantly. And if the trailer is new don't forget and use it at home first and put the fans on to clear the fumes from the first run of the furnace.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davylee View Post
As BikenDan said furnace runs off 12VDC if you are not on electric it will eat up your battery if you use it constantly. And if the trailer is new don't forget and use it at home first and put the fans on to clear the fumes from the first run of the furnace.
Haha yes cause you don't want the CO2 alarm going off in the campground at 4am and wake everyone up....happened to us a couple years ago with our pup..
Nights camped 2013: 17
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davylee View Post
How long do you run the furnace? I just took my 233s home last night but haven't messed with the furnace yet.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #7

I would say about an hour. You will know when it is done as it wont stink anymore

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forest River Forums mobile app
Nights camped 2013: 17
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #8

Also break in the oven and stove to burn them off. We set of the fire alarm with the first batch of cookies....in the driveway ! My furnace took two or three times to stop stinking up the place. Also, if it's your first time with canvas. Really wet the tent ends to season the sticking and seams. I learned the hard way and everything was soaked on our first trip during moderate rain. Now it's bone dry during thunderstorm downpours. If your look on here you'll see many people have dept with this and it's listed in the owners manual.
RabidRoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace