Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #1

Gas Oven: size?

Hello again,

If anyone has the gas oven option on their Roo can you tell me do you need special sized RV cookie sheets/bakeware (like toaster oven size)? Or will normal sized bakeware fit?

I meant to take a measurment yesterday and completely forgot.

Tks!
Steph
Nights camped in 2012 - TBD
stephs2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #2

Don't have a roo,but our oven in our Salem uses the same size cookie sheets we have at home.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #3

If you are planning on using the oven i recommend getting a ceramic pizza stone to place in the over. I should be placed on the metal plate above the flame and below the racks. The pizza stone will help distribute the heat. Before using the stone we found that the items baked in the oven would burn on the bottom before the tops were cooked.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #4

Hi Steph and congrats on the new Roo! The oven is considerably smaller than your home oven. Standard size cookie sheets will not work.
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #5

Get the small sized cookie sheets from your home store. They will be just fine. The large sized ones will not fit.
X2 on the pizza stone. Or an unglazed ceramic tile from Lowes will do the same thing. Be sure it is UNGLAZED. Glazed ones will shatter
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #6

Does anyone know the actual interior dimensions of the oven? It's hard for me to determine what size "small" and "large" means, just because one person's idea of small is different than another's. We are picking up our 183L toward the middle of April and I can't wait! Trying to get as prepared as I can be ahead of time, though, because we are making a trip to go get it and hope to camp on the way back home! Thanks!
olwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
Site Team

call your dealer. all the ovens are pretty standard or the same model in nearly all the RVs. they should be able to measure.
mines in storage.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwalker
Does anyone know the actual interior dimensions of the oven? It's hard for me to determine what size "small" and "large" means, just because one person's idea of small is different than another's. We are picking up our 183L toward the middle of April and I can't wait! Trying to get as prepared as I can be ahead of time, though, because we are making a trip to go get it and hope to camp on the way back home! Thanks!
We're camping in our Roo 23ss right now, but I don't have a ruler or measuring tape with me. I'd say the oven is about 17" x 17". But,that's just a guess. We put an air bake pizza pan upside down on the bottom of the oven AND use a baking stone. That's probably overkill, but the biscuits yesterday and the cookies today were perfect! Before I tried these "tricks" that I read about on this forum, everything burned on the bottom!
wiesenbornk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiesenbornk

We're camping in our Roo 23ss right now, but I don't have a ruler or measuring tape with me. I'd say the oven is about 17" x 17". But,that's just a guess. We put an air bake pizza pan upside down on the bottom of the oven AND use a baking stone. That's probably overkill, but the biscuits yesterday and the cookies today were perfect! Before I tried these "tricks" that I read about on this forum, everything burned on the bottom!
Oh,I got them at Wal-Mart. They weren't specialty items. They just weren't the larger sizes. They had two sizes, and I bought the smaller of the two. I hope this helps.
wiesenbornk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #10

Full sheet and half sheet. The ovens use half sheet like 14 wide
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #11

Great- thanks!
olwalker is offline   Reply With Quote