Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #1

Giving Up

Although we loved our 2007 Roo 23ss we finally have decided to part ways. We replaced both beds completely last summer and used the new waterproofing system designed by Forest River but the camper continued to leak in the front bed when closed and during travel. Even the new front bed shows signs of delamination (only 10 months after the repairs). It has been frustrating because we enjoyed the concept of the Roo so much. I still find it hard to believe that FR cannot solve the problem especially since the camper does not leak when opened. For those of you lucky enough not to have had this problem, enjoy your camping days. For those like us, keep up the good fight with FR to come up with a solution.
camper22406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #2

camper 22406: I hope you are not giving up totally your camping because of a leaking trailer. I will give you a tip: get yourself a good mini lite instead and you will like it I am sure. Nothing to fold in rainy days. We gave up on our flagstaff pop up camper and got a mini lite. I dont regret at all!!!!!
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #3

Ditto, never looked back from the popup and water leaks, even though I never thought I would like a full hard sided trailer I ate my words and love it
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Site Team

i'm sorry for your problems, especially since we have the same year and model trailer.

we've only had a trickle of water seep in and that was in heavy rains. never a lot to worry about.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #5

I had a Keystone Cabana Hybred which had water leaks on the front bed when the cover was closed also. I just got some 2 inch electrical tape and ran that over the seam when the camper was to set outside. The electrical tape goes on easy and also removes easily when it is time to take it off. If you look at flee markets this tape is usual availabel and reasonably priced.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #6

We grew up camping in the 70s and 80s in my folks Jayco Jay King.
.never a leak. We bought new Coleman pup in 01 and never a leak. We took delivery of a new Roo last month and it leaked, but it was my fault as some canvas got caught in the seal. Since then no leaks and camped in the rain...no leaks.

Sorry about your struggles...good luck. We had a 30 footer feather lite and our 23 foot roo has way more room, better beds..my wife has back pain and on our maiden voyage, she had an excellent sleep all week...we joke about sleeping in it versus our own bed...
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote