Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #1

Got our 2018 21SS Rockwood Roo Yesterday!

I just wanted to thank the forum for all their knowledge as it helped a lot during the walk through of our trailer. That being said when we got home, we realized they forgot to give us the special tool to unhook the trailer from the new hitch, and gave us the wrong keys for the trailer so we could not lock it up. The tone was set though when they were an hour late to go through the walk through, and pretty confused on who would do the walk through with us. Also if it wasn't for my husband they would of also sent us home with a bad tire, that my husband pointed out to them and they switched it for us right then and there, thank goodness.

Very thankful no new trailers are in our future and we won't be going through that again for quite some time. Now to load this baby up, and get camping. So excited.

Thank you again.

Melinda
Melssimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:38 AM   #2

Nice!!!

Glad our experience wasn’t the same, however we did specify early on we were newbies to the whole TT thing do they said they’d be sure we had an experienced guy do our PDI and they’d take as long as we needed. We didn’t, and I told my wife after the whole thing was done that I was so tired of hearing “I’m not sure, let me ask” that I was going to blow up at them if I heard it one more time but the good thing was the shop was loaded with experienced staff and they go us taken care of in the end.

They guy was new and young, I get it, you have to start somewhere, but it was a bit annoying.

Anyway, congrats!!!
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:09 AM   #3

Congratulations on the new Roo. I am glad you caught some of the problems before you left. I do understand; in 2005 buying our first brand-new camper (a Rockwood 1610 popup) it took 8 hours for the walk-through, repairs, and finally delivery. The rear bumper was bent, it didn't have the RVQ or the second bunk-end fan we ordered, it took a long time for them to install the brake controller in my tow vehicle, damaged decal, a scratch on the side, empty LP tank, and a missing main fuse. Since it was a 3-hour drive to the dealership, I was not leaving until all the repair work and accessories were completed to my satisfaction. That was a long day!
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #4

I've never used the "special tool" for the hitch; most people don't. After you've positioned your TT and chocked the wheels, use the tongue jack to raise the tongue (and back of your tow vehicle) until the tension is off of the spring bars. Then unhook them. Then drop the tongue back down, unlatch the coupler and raise it up off the ball.

To put it on, latch it onto the ball, then raise the tongue and TV enough to hook up the spring bars, then drop the tongue back down and raise the jack to it's stowed position.

Good luck with your new Roo.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #5

We are at the dealership to take delivery of our new camper today. Our appointment was at 11:00 and we are still waiting as of 12:41. It must be a pretty common thing to not be punctual with appointment times. If I hadn’t already bought this thing i would go right on back home without it. I understand that stuff happens but there are several more here that have been waiting for some time also. I am hoping and praying there are no issues on the walk through.
snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #6

We were so 'green' with our first tt that it took almost 2 years before we realized that none of the tires matched.

Welcome to the rv life!
Old 05-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #7

Our experience turned out for the better. We really liked our lady that showed us the camper.
Patience isnt my strong point but we love our camper. Congratulations OP on your ROO!
snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:35 AM   #8

Sounds like the experience my wife and I had when we picked up our new 2017 21ss last spring was the exception, we had a good experience. It almost was not that way because initially we started the PDI on the wrong TT! It was the same model and year just decked our a little different but once we got that taken care of it was a good walk through with a knowledgable person and took only about an hour and a half.

We hope you have as good luck with yours as we have had with ours.

2017 Flagstaff Shamrock 21ss pulled by a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4X4
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #9
Canadian Member

Congrats on the new Roo.

If by “special tool” you are referring to the snap up lever you get with an Equal-i-zer brand 4 point hitch, we’ve used it a few times to put the bars on but I don’t recall having to use it to get the bars off. Maybe once?

Hopefully your experience with the dealership goes well the first time you need them. We had a similar experience with the dealer not being well organized for our PDI when we bought our current TT used. Fortunately we haven’t had to take it back for anything and this will be our 4th season with this TT.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo