Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Got our shamrock 233s!!

We picked up our 2012 Flagstaff Shamrock 233S with the Sedona with Cherry interior on Thursday. Slept in the trailer last night with our three DD’s.

Here are a few pics of the Trailer in our yard …

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00149.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	6111

Name:	DSC00152.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	6112

Name:	DSC00148.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	6113

Except for a few frustrating delays and the uncertainty caused by those, a mix up with the batteries, and a broken window blind, the process has gone pretty nicely for us.

Here’s a recap of my buying experience. Sorry for the length.

I ordered a 2011 Shamrock 233s on March 15th from a local dealer - Scenic Traveler - and was given the typical 6-8 weeks for pickup. The trailer, which turned out to be a 2012, was offline on May 17th and I was scheduled to pick up on May 25, but the driver shortage caused a delay and the camper was delivered the Thursday before Memorial Day.

Since the techs at my dealership had off on Friday and Monday, they didn’t get to work on it until the Tuesday after Memorial Day.

The dealer gave me some freebies, though. They initially installed the wrong batteries (I had arranged for two US 145 batteries) but they couldn't get them for two more weeks. They came through with two Trojan T145 batteries at the same price as the US batteries - saving me about $47 per battery – sweet. I also had them install my Maxxair II and Fan/Mate.

I have to say that I like this dealer. This is not my first trailer but I had had no experience with them in the past. Besides being local – about 40 minutes away, they also gave me a nice price and were very close to RVW and RVD. We opted for the local guys for the service.

The trailer was really clean – very little sawdust or bits and pieces in the corners like can sometimes be found. The walk though took three hours. The tech and service manager very patient and thorough and fully covered all systems. This was particularly useful for my DW who is an electrical engineer and really wants to know the details. Me, too, I guess. I had forgotten a lot. Where’s that bypass valve? How do you light the oven? The little things.

All systems passed testing with the exception of the blinds on the window over the sink. I guess I didn’t check it while there and I just found that they won’t rise. I’ll see if I can fix it myself or I’ll just wait until I have to take it in for something more important. Also, my water pump was cycling on and off every three seconds until I realized the outside shower head hadn’t been turned off completely from the walk though.

There are some interesting differences with the 2010 and 2011 Shamrock/Roo 233S’s that we had looked at and our 2012 model year:
  • There is a full length cabinet over the couch now instead of a ¾ length cabinet. But no light – why would they leave out the light over the couch? Anyway, FR moved the radio that was installed over the stove on the ‘11s to this new cabinet.
  • Speaking of which, the DVD/CD/Radio is now a Genesis GT-2.0 instead of the Concertone ZX75. The Genesis works well so far.
  • The TV shelf that was over the stove is no longer there. It’s now a fully enclosed cabinet offering extra storage space. The control monitor panel is now installed on the side of the new cabinet right next to the door at eye level. No controls where my 5-year old can touch them.
So my projects this weekend, if the kids will let me, include little things like installing a screen door push bar, an Oxygenics shower head, and LED lights that I bought on eBay. Mostly, though, we’re just going to enjoy the weather and the camper. It’s 85 and sunny. Time to get back to work.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
(Kim)

Hey Scott!!

Trailer looks good!!
Your yard looks the same as the campgrounds we have booked at LOL
You don't even have to leave your property ;p
Glad you finally have it home :>)
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. And glad to have it here (finally) and ready for the season.

We've got 17 days reserved later in the month and in July. Looking forward to it, although the time being spent in Camp Driveway is fun, too.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 06-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #4

Very nice set up!
toadswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #5

Nice setup - looks like everything is red so you at the least wont forget where it at
Also glad to hear things worked out
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
rbq

Is the slide switch & awning switch on the new cabinet instead of on the side of the couch & on the side of the stove? If it is this is a nice touch.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
Nice setup - looks like everything is red so you at the least wont forget where it at
Also glad to hear things worked out
Thanks. Those are the orange Lynx levelers. Funny that they turned out red in the pic. Pretty bright either way.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 06-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
Is the slide switch & awning switch on the new cabinet instead of on the side of the couch & on the side of the stove? If it is this is a nice touch.
Yes. The controls are all on the new cabinet on the left as you enter the trailer. Here's a blurry pic. Must have had too much coffee this morning ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00161.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	6129  

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #9

Congrats! Very nice!

Where are you camping later this month? Maybe we'll cross paths.
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
rbq

Thanks for the pic of the control panel. That is nice. Do they have a place for a TV now? Would you mind posting pics of the cabinet above the couch & over the stove?
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
Congrats! Very nice!

Where are you camping later this month? Maybe we'll cross paths.
That might be able to be arranged. Where are you going this month? We have 2 days at Harrington Beach SP on June 17-18 and then Door County Peninsula SP from June 28-July 9. Also some reservations later in July at PSP.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
Thanks for the pic of the control panel. That is nice. Do they have a place for a TV now? Would you mind posting pics of the cabinet above the couch & over the stove?
Let me see what I can do about the pics when I get home from work tonight. I'll try to explain it, though. The tv shelf is gone completely. We only intend to bring a little portable DVD player/monitor so we don't need the shelf.

For those who want a larger tv, the easiest place in the 2012 model would be on the shelf near that back bunks, but that's really only good for those people and can't be seen from the couch or table. Also the counter top in the corner between the table and the front bunk - no easy access to antenna jack, though.

I looked more at that the cabinet over the couch last night. Its a little less storage than I thought initially. The far left part is a cabinet. The middle includes a solid wood face where my tech said a swing-away shelf could be installed for a tv. The right part is where the radio and various outlets are included. I'll post some pics later that will show this better.

By the way, I also installed warm color LEDs last night in three of the lights and one of the bunk light fan because my kids keep leaving the lights on LOL. The color of these particular warm LEDs is great.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
That might be able to be arranged. Where are you going this month? We have 2 days at Harrington Beach SP on June 17-18 and then Door County Peninsula SP from June 28-July 9. Also some reservations later in July at PSP.

We have Long Lake, Kohler-Andrea and Mauthe booked so far. We'll probably do one more depending on our schedule and site availability. Not sure where though.

We love Peninsula. One of our favorites. Enjoy!

By the way, can you provide a link to the warm white LEDs you're using?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
By the way, can you provide a link to the warm white LEDs you're using?
You bet!

I ordered and received lights from these sellers on Ebay.

Warm White 36-LED T10 base #1 and Warm White 24-LED T10 base
Warm White 36-LED T10 base #2

In my last order, 2011_led (#1) was faster in delivery than itshotsale77 (#2).

I haven't tried the 24s out, yet, but recently ordered them for less light. The 36s are just slightly brighter than the Incan's that came with the camper and I want to try something less bright.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 06-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #15

Thanks Scott! I'll give them a try.

Tags
233, 233s, expandable, hybrid, shamrock