Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #1

Great sites near me

Hi guys my family and are waiting on are new Roos hopefully we will have them by memorial day ordered 2/18/16. We live in western mass and and were wondering if someone had any suggestions on we're to stay within 1-4 hours of us. We are new to rv's and would like to stay somewhere with full hook ups or atleast power and water so we can get full use of are new toys. Thanks
RooRyder1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #2

We have a place near Sacandaga Lake we go every year....but its boondocking only
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #3

Come to Old Orchard Beach, Maine.......Hid'n Pines campground is a very nice campground. I do suggest getting a site in section 600 (New Section). The sites are water/electricity/sewer.
It is our favorite campground in Old Orchard. We'll be there for a week end in May, a full week in July and probably another week end in September.
You can always check their site and check their videos taken with a drone.....very nice.

Hid'n Pines | Family | Campgrounds | Camping | Maine

Dre
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #4

Camped next to a couple who recommended "Camping on the Battenkill" in Arlington, VT. Never been there myself, but its on the water and offers kayaking and tubing. You can google it for pictures. When we started out, we spent a lot of week-ends driving around scoping potential campgrounds (in fact we did quite a bit of that this winter).
Regardless, the good spots fill up fast so I'd get a move on. Welcome to the forums - tons of good information and friendly folks here.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #5

We are in Western MA as well-did out first weekend out in our new 2016 21DK at Circle CG in Bellingham because they are open year round and we were antsy to get out in the new trailer. It was about 1.25 hours from us- just off 495s. Next trip is Prospect Mountain in Granville.

2016 Roo 21DK

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
SEHilton79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #6

We have also heard good things about Sodom Mountain in Southwick, and Country Aire in charlemont

2016 Roo 21DK

Old 04-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #7

Sunset view in Monson is a good campground with very good activities, by the way what part of mass are you from?
fdcobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdcobra93 View Post
Sunset view in Monson is a good campground with very good activities, by the way what part of mass are you from?

West Springfield
Old 04-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRyder1911 View Post
West Springfield

I'm in Holyoke!

2016 Roo 21DK

Old 04-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #10

Both myself and the DW went to Western New England... was a college then... now a University... still have a few friends in Granby (MA), Chicopee, and the surrounding area...

You are central to many nice spots to camp... you looking for places for activities with older/younger kids? RV resort or more of a primitive CG?

Other resources to use to find spots:

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

RV Campgrounds, RV Camping, RV Rentals, RV Parks, RV Resorts - Woodalls

Good luck with your new campers! Happy trails!

Dieselbobcat

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
OldGuysRule

Ashaway RV Resort, Ashaway Rhode Island

We have a seasonal site at Ashaway and we LOVE it there. It's about an hour and a half (or so) from Springfield Ma, so adjust accordingly for where you live. It's a new campground, only open for the last couple years. Pool, heated adults only hot tub, splash park and small store. Biggest draw is that it's only a few miles from the beaches of South County and 10-15 mins from Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun or Mystic Aquarium. Full hookups, accommodates pop-ups through big rigs. Open April 15-Oct 15. They have seasonal specials; fall and spring fling. Mysquamicut Beach is only 7 miles away, they have outdoor beach movie drive ins, outdoor music on the sand and a spring and fall festival on the beach.

Ashaway RV - Rhode Island Campgrounds - Ashaway RV Resort - HOME
Renegade837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #12

I've heard great things about sunsetview and partridge hallow both in Monson. They are opening this weekend, maybe take a ride and check them out. All depends on what kind of camping your looking for, we stayed at the KOA in Westhampton, it was ok too.

BTW, I'm from Springfield.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #13

Camping Spots

I'm from Texas, but I use the All Stays website and app. Allstays | Campgrounds | RV Parks The free version will show all of the locations. Pro version gives ratings and link to the campground website (if there is one). Click on Navigate in Pro and you go to Google maps to help plan the route and travel time. I think the price of using the Pro version is well worth it. Filtering on full hookup only (which eliminates some nice State Parks), I see Prospect Mountain (Granville, MA), Peppermint Park (Plainfield, MA) and Country Aire (Shelburne Falls, MA) all with 4/5 stars. This should get you started. Pick carefully and make the first camping experience a good one. Also make sure you pick up those "extras" you will need. Cable for cable TV hookup, sewer hose, bedding, dishes and pans, drill with a socket to run up and down your stabilizers, water hose, etc. Time to get these now while waiting on your camper. Happy camping !!
richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #14

I forgot to mention Pine Acres in Oakham, it's one of the top rated in the country, it's on my must visit list, comes highly recommended by a friend. Also, someone else I think already mentioned it but Prospect mountain in Granville. We have quite a few around here that are good, search the reviews on Rv park reviews web site.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbobcat View Post
Both myself and the DW went to Western New England... was a college then... now a University... still have a few friends in Granby (MA), Chicopee, and the surrounding area...

You are central to many nice spots to camp... you looking for places for activities with older/younger kids? RV resort or more of a primitive CG?

Other resources to use to find spots:

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

RV Campgrounds, RV Camping, RV Rentals, RV Parks, RV Resorts - Woodalls

Good luck with your new campers! Happy trails!

Dieselbobcat

My wife and I with are two girls 2 and 4 in are 233s, my sister and brother in law with there two girls 4 and 6 in there 233s ,and my mom and dad and there three dogs in a 21DK. So yea we need activities for the kids. I really want a site with a pond or lake for fishing and kayaking and flat asphalt for the girls to ride bikes. Thanks for the links
Old 04-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #16

Aces High in Lyme CT... 20 min drive from there to Mystic Seaport / USS Nautilus... pond on site with full hookups and pool...Short hop to Rock Neck State Park as well...

Odetah in Bozrah, CT... lakefront with fishing, boating, swimming... pool and a mountain of activities... ice cream, mini golf, snack bar on site.... great for kayaking if you have your own boat... you can paddle for a couple of miles from there...

Moose Hillock... just outside Lake George... haven't been there yet but hear good things.

Yogi Bear Lazy River - Gardiner, NY - ton of activities, water park, splash park, two pools, right on river... good fishing and tubing... need to reserve real early to get prime spots... site #40-43 are our favorites....

Fishermen's Memorial State Park - Narragansett, RI - act of god to get a site there... they book WAY out through reserve america

Herkimer KOA - Herkimer, NY... right on the West Canada Creek, nice pool and many activities for kids... and the Herkimer Diamond Mine! Might want to wait a few years for this one... diamond mine ideal for kids 6+

Glen Ellis CG - Conway, NH... right on Ellis River and short drive to Mt Washington. Really nice place... pool, game room, playgrounds, national forest just down the road...

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehiton79 View Post
We are in Western MA as well-did out first weekend out in our new 2016 21DK at Circle CG in Bellingham because they are open year round and we were antsy to get out in the new trailer. It was about 1.25 hours from us- just off 495s. Next trip is Prospect Mountain in Granville.

2016 Roo 21DK

How was Circle CG? It's about 20-25mins from where I live.

Rich in Massachusetts
2016 Roo 233S
2013 Ford Explorer XLT

RichDesiletsJr233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDesiletsJr233S View Post
How was Circle CG? It's about 20-25mins from where I live.

Rich in Massachusetts
2016 Roo 233S
2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Circle CG wasn't bad- the lady at check in wasn't the most welcoming but she wasn't super rude like some of the reviews say- they are open year round and have a few people that seem pretty permanent. Some of the sites are pretty close together...

It was our first time there and it was for sure "pre-season" for them- still lots of clean up going on and some areas not open yet. They have a spring cleaning weekend later this month- camp for free if you help etc....

We did have a problem with our electrical box - so careful if you go. The owner took care of it right away and replaced the box before we fully plugged into it.

Bathrooms were very clean! And it's really close to market basket, Walmart, Dunkin (forgot coffee pot!) and the package store near by was really impressive!

2016 Roo 21DK

Old 04-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #19

Not sure how far away your are to Foxboro. Would highly recommend Normandy Farms RV Resort.
Honeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #20

Place for new Rv,er.

Not sure how far away your are to Foxboro. Would highly recommend Normandy Farms RV Resort.
Honeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote