Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #1

GVWR Sticker Issue - 23SS

Greetings

Just picked up out NTU 2008 23SS. The weight label in the coach and sticker outside the coach BOTH show a GVWR of 4808 lbs. giving me a whopping 80 lbs. of CCC. I'm amazed the factory, previous owner or selling dealership (a Roo dealer) did not flag/correct this.

I know the GVWR for the 23SS SHOULD be 6300 lbs. (approx). Crawled under and verfied 3000 lb. axles but the stickers are out IMHO.....perhaps numbers for a 233????

Anyways, already contacted FR to ask them what's the deal. I'm not sure if they'll do it, but if verified to be wrong, I'd like both changed for proper stickers because if I scale, I will be WELL over the 4808 lb. posted. Also, if I'm pulled over by the police or MTO/DMV I don't want the descrepency to cause me any grief.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roo Weight.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	7061  
gman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Team

here's a pic of my '07 23SS's sticker:

i think they printed the wrong info and maybe the wrong VIN on the sticker. just the fact that yours printed crooked would be a warning sign.

not sure if the '08 models were 8' wide, mine is 7'6" wide, so that would make some difference in weight.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

Our 2007 ROO 23SS had a GVW of 5000lbs if I remember correctly.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
Our 2007 ROO 23SS had a GVW of 5000lbs if I remember correctly.
as you can see from my '07 23SS's sticker above, the GVWR is 6440lbs, not 5000lbs..

i have a copy of the '07 brochure and maybe the '08 brochure if anyone wants me to send them it.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #5

Update. After being passed around a bit at FR finally got to a guy (Pat) who got involved and was quite helpful. I emailed him photos of all the stickers (both inside and out) and he advised it appears for whatever reason the person at FR back in '08 put the shipping weight on the stickers instead of the GVWR which gave me with full propane and H2O on board, a whopping 80 lbs. of CCC .

Needless to say they admitted it was a mistake at the factory. He proceeded to formally have the records for my unit changed accordigly at the FR mothership and now new stickers with the proper GVWR (6390 lbs.) and CCC are enroute via smail mail. Maybe I made a big deal out of nothing but I feel better knowing the unit is listed correctly now.

What amazes me is this unit left the factory floor approx. 3 years ago and passed through PDI and registration with the selling dealership, was traded in and resold to me with another dealership......and of the 3 groups of "RV professionals" this unit has passed by in its life time.....only me......the dumb consumer identified the issue.
gman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
Site Team

Gman, glad you got it worked out.
i agree that you are the first to figure this out. it's unreal that it could pass the factory q/c and the dealer's pdi.

Tags
23ss