Old 02-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #21

Interesting about the parachute effect. I wonder if that would be the same only 2 feet back of non-storage models.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 02-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #22

I actually wished I would have waited to buy the 21BD if I knew it was coming. I was debating btwn the 21SS and the 23SS, then they came out with the 23IKSS. I couldn't wait anymore and went with the 23IKSS because of the two full slideouts. Tons of room and storage. The 21BD is very enticing with the storage space behind the tongue and counter space the 21SS doesn't have. I also like the rear door location and the outside fridge.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #23

We have the dk, and I have to say I would prefer the dk. From looking at pictures of the bd, it seems like you lose a lot of inside storage and I don't like having a half wall covering the front bunk. I like the front being open to sit and relax and not feel totally cut off from the rest of the trailer. We have turtled in our dk and didn't really find an issue with the front bunk hanging over a bit. My issue was trying to fit 2 little doggies on the dinette bed with me and the DH!! The only thing on the bd that I have to say that would be nice is the more floor space it offers because of the dinette in the slide. It just comes down to what you prefer. Good luck with your decision!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #24

NicelyRoo your post could not have been more appropriate. In the final hours we have decided to get the DK and it was almost entirely for the same reasons you pointed out. I certainly like the tv placement better in the BD and of course a bigger slide is very attractive as it is free extra floor space! I went back and forth a million times but at the end of the day I agree with your point...I really love the open feel that bunk gives you with no wall blocking it. It feels like a much larger camper. I also know from our last camper that I never, ever felt like I had enough flat surfaces to place things. That extra deep counter space was really important to me and the DK has a lot more of it.

Of course I also started thinking about how many camping accessories I could buy with the 1k saved in price!

I really appreciated everyone's feedback. Both floorplans are awesome, as are the other Roo models. I think the DK gets us most of our "wants", with the least length and weight and I feel really good about it. Ordering tomorrow morning!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #25

Yay Congrats!!! I'm sure you'll love your dk as much as we love ours!!! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #26

Enjoy Vader! First thing for that cash is invest in some Progressive Industries electrical system protection! I recommend the EMS-HW50C unit because it works with 30A too and with lifetime warranty it'll travel to your next unit in years to come!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #27

Hey geo, any inline units (non hard-wired) you would recommend or am I simply better off hard wiring?

Old 02-23-2015, 11:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Hey geo, any inline units (non hard-wired) you would recommend or am I simply better off hard wiring?

Hard-wired units give you peace of mind no-one is walking off with it, and they are the only units with hi/low voltage protection which you face more commonly at CGs especially in crowded summer heat (brownouts). $300 once for your camping via camper life is way cheaper than the cost of repairs/replacements!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
I see how it could cut down on the open feeling the bunks give you, but I also see how it could keep the mattress contained when turtling.
I have a 21DK and haven't turtled but have worked in the trailer with the front bunk closed. The back of the dining bench is more than enough to keep the front mattress contained. I doesn't intrude in the living space in any way that I'd be annoyed by.
- 1999 Chevrolet Astro
- 2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4x2 5L V8 Hemi

- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:25 AM   #30

Thanks Chris...good to know.