Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #61

Purchased new 2015 Shamrock 21BD

I just purchase New a 2015 shamrock 21DB!
I was impressed with the front storage rack and the out side refrige!
With my other travel trailer's always had to buy bike rack separate, Included with this one, I always had to put fire wood in vehicle and waste tank, Now I don't, all will go on rack, with only fire wood really adding weight. I plan on getting plastic storage tub to put wood in and keep dry. Many do not know there is a storage box under the rack with lots of room also comes with retractable storage lock with cable to secure bikes and such, Nice, Battery also concealed! Some say they do not like out side fridge, I do, good place to keep extra drinks with out going in and out for trailer, Can keep refrigerated snacks handy, Hot dog stuff and such, like it. Also with bunks having been half covered I like , the only thing I gave up was a couch, But with real large dinette area and a folding table chair or 2 will be ok, Can always bring in camp chairs if weather bad!
I have yet to camp in it as I live in Indiana and purchased in late November, after tree limb damage my 2009 Jayco 21M
GarFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #62

The outside fridge really is the absolute best. It is nice not needing to get into a cooler all the time.

We set up our DK dinette as a day sofa pretty much all the time anyways so I don't really miss having a sofa. Enjoy the BD...it is a great floor plan!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #63

We have the 2015 Roo 21BD and absolutely love it. It is just my husband and I and 2 big dogs so we didn't need a couch and the u shaped dinette. The extra floor space is nice for the dogs. What really sold it for my husband was the front deck. We love the outside fridge as well. Enjoy it, we certainly have.
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #64

I too have a 21BD. Took delivery last August so have only been able to use it three times. Where are you in Indiana? Any suggestions for parks to visit?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #65

Hey jgoldwood...we've been camping in Indiana for 25 years and have visited most of the state parks. So we don't hijack this post, pm me or start a new one and we can talk about them. Several nice ones up by you.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #66

Camping area's in Indiana

We camp a lot at Richard Lieber SRA , because I have been camping there for years and I have a 30ft Pontoon that I keep at Cataract Yacht Club on the lake in the summer! But a nice over looked park I thank is Fowler County Park, just south of Terre a Haute Indiana. It is a county park, with a beach, no pool, almost ever camp site on water of med. size lake. They have a log cabin village their with logs homes Took down from all parts of Indiana and relocated and and history of each one, pretty nice little park. Its first come first serve camping only! My biggest compliant is Indiana State park rules very from park to park and some times enforced and other times not from on line rules set forth! But most all the Indiana State parks are nice areas.
GarFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:51 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
First, don't rely on listed dimensions if this is a critical determinant in any way for you! The listed height is ground to roof of "fixed" structure and does not include items like vents, skylights, A/C, antenna, etc!

For the deck model, the camper box is sitting on a different frame configuration, which is where you have a height variation. Further, the DK does not have (or need) a flush slideout, but the slide is flush for the dinette on the BD. Because of the slide mechanisms used, this is also height difference.
So your saying when they say the height is to the roof and does not include anything above the roof line like the vent covers and ac unit?

Then its no wonder people end up hitting stuff
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote