Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 236
I made a mistake I thought we were talking about sromburgs front rack. Sorry�� UI
__________________

NorSnrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Camper View Post
I do not use a weight distribution so that will not impact me. Still deciding between this model and the Arvika. Was hopeful somebody has one they could comment
If you hang a 100+ lbs of bikes and rack on your tongue, you may NEED a WDH.
__________________

__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Larned, Kansas
Posts: 81
Doubtful. I have a Ford Excursion with Air Ride assist with the shocks. I pulled a 10,0000 lbs without a WD system.
Kansas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
QMastaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 24
Did you end up doing this? I too have a 23IKSS and am looking at getting an Excursion. Is there enough clearance to turn with the bikes on there? How many bikes did you get on? I would like to get 4, but would be happy to get whatever I can on there.
__________________
Me-84, DW-86, My 3 Sons-08,10,12 and my baby princess-14
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
QMastaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #25
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 14,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMastaD View Post
Did you end up doing this? I too have a 23IKSS and am looking at getting an Excursion. Is there enough clearance to turn with the bikes on there? How many bikes did you get on? I would like to get 4, but would be happy to get whatever I can on there.
This thread is almost 3 years old and the OP hasn't posted since September 2015.

So I doubt that you'll get a response.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Larned, Kansas
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
This thread is almost 3 years old and the OP hasn't posted since September 2015.

So I doubt that you'll get a response.
Hello. No, I actually went a different direction. I took my 23IKSS to a Welder and discussed options. I ended up getting the Mount-n-Lock Safety Struts and had them welded to my back bumper. Then, I just installed a folding bike rack so I can fold it down to fold out the bed if I did not want to take off the bikes. I carry three bikes. It works GREAT!!!
Kansas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Ron045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Camper View Post
Hello. No, I actually went a different direction. I took my 23IKSS to a Welder and discussed options. I ended up getting the Mount-n-Lock Safety Struts and had them welded to my back bumper. Then, I just installed a folding bike rack so I can fold it down to fold out the bed if I did not want to take off the bikes. I carry three bikes. It works GREAT!!!
I working in a similar direction Kansas Camper. I installed the safety struts (although I bolted mine) and purchased an RV rack called Let's Go Aero Bike Wing. It's one 4 bike rack or two 2 bike racks.

My plan is to hang two off the rear and two on the A frame using either the Up-N-Front or the Arvika Travel Trailer A-Frame 2 Inch Receiver. The balance weight should nearly cancel each other out.

I'm just waiting for the Arvika people to tell me the height from the frame to the top of the receiver. The distance from the bottom of the frame to the bunk hinge is about 36". The Up-N-Front people told me that is enough room where I would not have to remove the receiver hitch to open the bunk.

I have also ordered a BAL Hide a spare. I did not like the fit of the bikes and the spare on the bumper. It made viewing the tail lights difficult.

Have Fun!
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180429_164035578_HDR (1).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	170802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180429_155826758_HDR (1).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	170803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180504_181428227.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	170804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180504_181439612.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	170805  
__________________
Ron & Family
Sophomore Season (We're gonna color some states this year)
23 Nights in 2017
2017 Shamrock 23IKSS
2016 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, 4.10
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
I working in a similar direction Kansas Camper. I installed the safety struts (although I bolted mine) and purchased an RV rack called Let's Go Aero Bike Wing. It's one 4 bike rack or two 2 bike racks.

My plan is to hang two off the rear and two on the A frame using either the Up-N-Front or the Arvika Travel Trailer A-Frame 2 Inch Receiver. The balance weight should nearly cancel each other out.

I'm just waiting for the Arvika people to tell me the height from the frame to the top of the receiver. The distance from the bottom of the frame to the bunk hinge is about 36". The Up-N-Front people told me that is enough room where I would not have to remove the receiver hitch to open the bunk.

I have also ordered a BAL Hide a spare. I did not like the fit of the bikes and the spare on the bumper. It made viewing the tail lights difficult.

Have Fun!
Ron
I added LEDs to my platform rack and wired them into the trailer wiring. Although you don't have a platform rack, you could probably figure out something similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-Installed painted.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	170812

Click image for larger version

Name:	8-Lighted turn signal.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	170813

Also allows me to cover them without losing tail lights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Lite at Wolf River CG 1 Aug 2016.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	170814
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Ron045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I added LEDs to my platform rack and wired them into the trailer wiring. Although you don't have a platform rack, you could probably figure out something similar.
Could you provide any pics of how you wired these up?

Thanks!
Ron
__________________
Ron & Family
Sophomore Season (We're gonna color some states this year)
23 Nights in 2017
2017 Shamrock 23IKSS
2016 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, 4.10
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:20 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
Could you provide any pics of how you wired these up?

Thanks!
Ron
Don't have any pics of HOW they were wired. I just ran a 4-pin harness from the rear up to the junction box where the trailer umbilical goes into. Open it up and figure out which wires are which.

Here's a pic of the harness under the TT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitch 5.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	170940

Here's a pic of your 7-pin showing which pin is which:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vehicle 7-pin connector.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	170941

Here's a pic of the 7 pin harness showing the colors of each function:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-pin plug wiring.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	170942

Here's a pic of a 4-pin harness showing the colors of each function:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4-pin wiring.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	170943

Basically you run the 4-pin harness from your rear bumper up to the junctions box up by the trailer tongue. Open up the J-box and wiring the 4-pins left turn signal to the 7-pin's left turn signal wire (it will already have your trailers left turn signal wire attached to it). Do the same for the right turn signal, running light and ground.

(It's a good idea to plug your TV into the 7-pin umbilical and make sure you actually have turn signal power (for example) to the wire color you think it is. I've heard of some umbilical harnesses that weren't wired with the proper color convention.)

Then you wire your bike rack LED's in the same manner to the other end of the 4-pin plug.

Hope that helps.

UPDATE: I made a wiring drawing that may help you. See attached PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bike Rack Light Wiring.pdf (85.8 KB, 3 views)
__________________

__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.