Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1

Has anyone weighed a loaded 23IKSS yet?

And if so, what did it weigh? Packing mine up with a bigger load this time and curious - thanks!
NewBerkFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRooFamily View Post
And if so, what did it weigh? Packing mine up with a bigger load this time and curious - thanks!
We weighed ours Sunday. We have quite a bit of gear that always travels - chairs, tools, dishes plus we 5 days of clothes and probably about 2/3 full on the pantry and fridge. Not a max load, but reasonably full. 1/2 full on propane, 2 batteries, and nearly empty fresh water, empty holding tanks.

Trailer axles were 5240 and I estimated the tongue at 700 give or take 50lbs. I did not unhook and weigh the truck, but I have weighed the truck before, so my tongue weight estimate should be close.

That puts us at 5940 with a GVWR of 6400, so it looks like you can load it up pretty good, but its not unlimted...

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
We weighed ours Sunday. We have quite a bit of gear that always travels - chairs, tools, dishes plus we 5 days of clothes and probably about 2/3 full on the pantry and fridge. Not a max load, but reasonably full. 1/2 full on propane, 2 batteries, and nearly empty fresh water, empty holding tanks.

Trailer axles were 5240 and I estimated the tongue at 700 give or take 50lbs. I did not unhook and weigh the truck, but I have weighed the truck before, so my tongue weight estimate should be close.

That puts us at 5940 with a GVWR of 6400, so it looks like you can load it up pretty good, but its not unlimted...
Thanks KMP44! That helps a lot and fits with the first weight that we took with a fairly light load. We were only at 5525 on a short 4 day trip with a tongue load of about 585. Planning on even more fun this time!
NewBerkFamily is offline   Reply With Quote