Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #1

Have to wait a little longer...

There were a couple minor issues we caught during the PDI, so we have to wait a little while longer...

Otherwise it went great!!! Love the cherry wood!! Tons of storage!! The bunk ends are super easy to set up and take down. I'm totally in love with it!! We never got her out of the dealership garage, so the picture isn't that great, but there she is!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	49417  
Old 04-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #2

What were some of the issues you found? just curious as I have a 2014 21DK, too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #3

The top if the hand rail wasn't anchored to the structure and the door jam for the bathtoom was uneven. The door jam is a simple fix, but to fix the handle they will have to get into the wall and orobably need to order a new panel because they will have to tear it off and order a new one from forest river.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #4

Good job catching the minor issues. That hand rail could've been a safety issue.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicelyRoo View Post
The top if the hand rail wasn't anchored to the structure and the door jam for the bathtoom was uneven. The door jam is a simple fix, but to fix the handle they will have to get into the wall and orobably need to order a new panel because they will have to tear it off and order a new one from forest river.

Sorry to hear you have to continue the wait, but better off gettting it fixed from the start.

Interesting that it sounds like you weren't the only one that had this same issue yesterday on a 21DK - check out post #10

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rth-57420.html

Must be a design issue or an execution issue in the factory. Hopefully they get their act together so tearing out a wall doesn't become a standard part of the PDI on this model.

We stopped at the local dealer for a part a couple weeks ago and they one of these on the lot. Looks nice. Now I want to go back and pull on the handle.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #6

@ KMP44 Haha.... Chibullsan is my husband =)

Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicelyRoo View Post
@ KMP44 Haha.... Chibullsan is my husband =)

Lol, that's funny..

I was just thinking mine doesn't have that issue at all, but what are the odds two 2014 21DK's do!?

Glad it isn't a pattern...

Good catches on the issues though!

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #8

They also ordered a new microwave for our trailer. It worked in our PDI, but for some reason or another they ordered one for a button problem.

It sucks to have issues that prevent delivery, especially one that involves destruction of the trailer to fix (the outside step handle). But they are taking care of us and we were assured that it will be as good or better than factory fit and finish.

I just cringe at the thought of them ripping the trim and inside glued wall off the aluminum frame, as well as possibly the door (on a brand new trailer).... apparently the frame or plate or piece of wood that should be behind the bolts in the wall where the mount is for the handle, is missing or not in the correct position. The lower one seemed tight but the upper one obviously had the lag screws only in the laminated outside panel wall.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerRoo View Post
Lol, that's funny..

I was just thinking mine doesn't have that issue at all, but what are the odds two 2014 21DK's do!?

Glad it isn't a pattern...

Good catches on the issues though!
I know!! It probably would have been me to pull the handle right off the wall!! Have you been able to get yours out yet?? Our first real trip isn't till the end of May when we head to Charlotte for the Coke 600 over memorial day.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
Old Fella

We're driving up from Florida in July to pick up our new 23SS in Ohio and hopefully there won't be any major issues during our PDI as we only plan to spend a couple of days camped nearby before heading to a family reunion in Indiana. Their quality control seems to be a bit weak.
Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #11

We get to pick her up on Friday!!! According to our sales rep(he is also the parts manager) everything is good and we can come and take her home!!!

I'll be sure to post some pics and let y'all know how everything goes!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #12

So glad you get to pick her up! We also just brought the Shamrock 21dk. It is awesome! I love the cherry wood in it. We got the Monteray decor.
What color scheme did you get?
We had a couple issues at PDI also. They had to rewire the electric in the bathroom. So we waited all day on that. But finally got on the road and headed back home. Then the brown aluminum trim on one bottom side of it came sailing off while we were on interstate. So we have to have that fixed.
But other than that we love it.. I guess they all have some things to fix on them even though they are new.
Sheripoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #13

@Sheripoms so glad you love it!! We got the cherry wood also and the kensington decor. I just love the wood color!! Sorry about your couple of issues, but its good they were able to fix it that day and you could head home. It sucks having to wait longer to get something you already had been waiting months for, but things happen. I consider me and DH lucky that our issues were not that crazy because it could have been alot worse. It's not like we were heading out on our first trip the next day, so it is what it is. Tomorrow will be awesome!! Do you guys have your first trip planned??

Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #14

NicelyRoo ,, Yes I guess we just have to work out some of the kinks in it.
We actually camped our way back to Louisiana from Indiana. So I guess that was our first. I was kinda scared about the noise issue in the tent ends but actually that has been the best part, waking up to the birds singing is sooo awesome!
Also I didnt think we were going to use the heated mattresses much but they also were the best part. They actually heat up the whole bunk end. I was warm and toasty.
I know you guys are going to be having fun today playing with your camper,, I know we are.
Happy trails
Sheripoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #15
Site Team

Sheripoms, that's why we've been willing to put up with the occasional noisy neighbor, just to wake up like you did. and also to go to sleep, with the sounds of wind in the trees and running creek water.

and we bought ours off the dealer lot and probably wouldn't have ordered the heated mattresses, since we rarely have electric hookups.
but it already had them and we found out how great they are, when we would have the rare campsite with electricity.
i just wish they had separate temp control for each side. gets too hot for me!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote