Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #1

Hello

I have owned a 2008 Rockwood Roo since new. Recently I noticed a leak inside the unit and took it to the dealer from whom I had purchased it. Well to make a longish story short they informed me that the roof sealing had not been completely done and that my walls are now ruined. Has anyone else ever experienced this with a camper? I purchased a warranty when I purchased the unit but the dealer just told me that if the cost to repair the unit was too high they would just buy out the loan. Forestriver said that they wouldn't take responsibility for the damages because the unit wasnt maintained correctly (If the unit wasn't sealed properly to begin with why is it now on me?). Sorry to vent. Just looking for answers.
hatch433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #2

Not sure I understand. The warranty is void because of something they claim you did not maintain?
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #3

The warranty was a seperate purchase and not through Forest River if my memory serves. The Dealer is making the statement that the camper was not properly sealed to begin with. The dealership is who contacted Forest River about the sealing problem and damages. Forest River is making the satement that the camper was not properly maintained so they are not responsible. I'm still deliberating with the warranty company and I get different answers from them depending on the day and the representative. I have been told that the warranty only covers the outside of the camper. Actually the Dealer has been very helpful. I just would like the camper fixed. I enjoy the time I spend in it.
hatch433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #4

Time for a Lawyer to send a letter....

What does roof sealant at the time of manufacture have to do with proper maintenance....???
jetjocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23b