Old 01-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Unhappy Hello Everyone

I have owned a 2008 Rockwood Roo since new. Recently I noticed a leak inside the unit and took it to the dealer from whom I had purchased it. Well to make a longish story short they informed me that the roof sealing had not been completely done and that my walls are now ruined. Has anyone else ever experienced this with a camper? I purchased a warranty when I purchased the unit but the dealer just told me that if the cost to repair the unit was too high they would just buy out the loan. Forestriver said that they wouldn't take responsibility for the damages because the unit wasnt maintained correctly (If the unit wasn't sealed properly to begin with why is it now on me?). Sorry to vent. Just looking for answers.

hatch433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
first, this should be moved to the Roo sub forum in the Expandable section, since it's a hybrid and not a ultra-lite TT.

second, you need the dealer to go to bat with FR. they need to state that the problem was a result of poor quality control, not a maintenance issue.

yes, you're supposed to recaulk and maintain the roof but if the factory did a poor installation that the dealer will verify, then they should have it returned to the factory.

contact Gregg Rollins at FR and ask him what they need, from the dealer, to prove that it was a factory issue and not a maintenance issue.

bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Not to hijack the thread, but similar catch at the local rv dealer. I overheard the service guy talking on the phone to F.R. about their new trailers not having caulk around the outside lights (stop, porch, and the running lights). Buyers beware!

Sent from my Samsung Moment using Forest River app.
Where we've been:

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
first, this should be moved to the Roo sub forum in the Expandable section, since it's a hybrid and not a ultra-lite TT.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

23b, roo