Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #1

Hello, we are officially HTT owners

Not to gloat, but we have sold our Pop Up and are now the proud owners of a 2013 233S. We ordered it at the end of February and it came in today. Ran by the dealer's to take a look at it, they are testing everything to make sure it all works properly, checking for leaks and what not. Will be picking it up Thurs or Fri, whenever work allows! We can't wait to get started with it, we will miss our little Rockwood Pop Up, had some really great times in it, but DS & DD are getting too big to share the bunk so time to move it up. At least this way we get to still enjoy the tents over the beds.

We were really sweating bullets after finding this forum last week and reading how everyone was having trouble getting theirs. So last Mon, I called Brent at FR and he told us it was scheduled to be offline on May 3rd, but that they were running about 2 -3 weeks on delivery, I was like, well that's what I've been reading, then he said it was with Sante Fe and Cherry right, I was like Oh NO!, it was Sante Fe and Hickory. He said to have the dealer call because it was being built with cherry cabinets. So I called the dealer immediately and he contacted FR, called me back a couple of hours later and said they would take care of it and still get offline by the 3rd.

So we were like, well, we'll get it in a couple of weeks then and I got the call this morning from the dealer that it had come in this morning I was like, really are you sure, he said yep. So DW, DS, DD & I ran by after school to check it out for a min before I went to work. Luckily the dealer is like 10 mins from the house.

I wish all of you still waiting the best of luck and hope you get your's soon!!! Can't wait for our first trip.
BoldenCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #2

Congrats! Similar thing happened to us last year. We ordered our 21SS in Feb. last year and were expecting a late May - mid June delivery, but then one Saturday almost exactly a year ago our dealer called and said "It's here!" way earlier than we were expecting. Have fun and enjoy!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Site Team

Congrats and Welcome to the "Roo Kroo"!!!!

the 233S is the best selling hybrid out there. i can't believe all of the new 233S owners i've seen joining the forum, in the last year.

i'll bet that FR is selling as many Roo/Shamrock 233S trailers, as they are in all the other hybrid floorplans combined.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #4

Thanks guys! I believe it being the best selling Hybrid out there. Everytime we would find one it was already sold, so we just decided to order one. We really can't wait to try it out, guess this weekend we will be at camp driveway first. We are headed to Panama City in June, DS is playing in the Grand Slam 9U World Series, then headed to Disney at the end of July.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #5

Me and my girlfriend got the 23ss. Amazing how subtle their changes are and how awesome the trailers are! Light and easy to deal with, depending on your vehicle.
Darnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #6

Roo 233s

We recently upgraded from a pop-up to a 2011 R00 233s.The tow vehicle is a 2002 ford expedition.I am getting mix opinions on weight distribution if even needed. Already have just a sway control. Any advise? Thank`s Miked
mikeyt241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
congrats on the new unit!
Post pics when you get time!
Browse through here Forest River FAQs - Forest River Forums when you have time. Lots of good info here!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt241 View Post
We recently upgraded from a pop-up to a 2011 R00 233s.The tow vehicle is a 2002 ford expedition.I am getting mix opinions on weight distribution if even needed. Already have just a sway control. Any advise? Thank`s Miked
yes, you'll certainly need a WDH. who told you that you didn't, the dealer?

check your owner's manual, it'll have a tongue amount that requires you using a WDH.
my Avalanche's manual specifically stated that i needed a WDH for the tongue weight of my Roo 23SS.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 05-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #9

Welcome! How 'bout that...another 233s owner. When we got ours in 2010, there were very, very few of us on the forum. Seems like there's a bunch of us now. Congrats on your purchase! I'm hoping to get mine back from FR this week...fingers crossed that they're repairs are top-notch! I did get to see a Jayco 23' triple bunk last week. I think the Rockwoods are nicer IMHO. Also heard that they may have already discontinued construction of the Jayco...really? Our 233s is a great layout. Good luck!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for the welcome and yes I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. We are getting the WDH, I already knew the tounge weight would require it, it was included in our package, with a $100 credit for already having the brake controller installed. The only thing I might have to do to the Expedition is replace the rear shocks, still have the factory shocks and 170+K miles on them. Still runs great tho so can't complain. I too was surprised to see all the 233S owners on here, but have to admit that it was also comforting to know that there are that many owners out there that have no buyers remorse with the unit. Can't wait to pick it up and get it home at the end of the week!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #11

Don't replace your leafs. Buy air suspension. Search them up on auto anything.com. Once those are in you will never have to worry about replacing leafs again. Or springs for that matter. With them you can also soften or stiffen your ride quality. These are very handy when towing a trailer
Old 05-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #12

I had only planned on replacing the shocks since they are the originals, but that will probably depend on the ride with the trailer and how bad it sags even with the WDH, I have thought about adding the air system, I will look further into that it may end up being the way to go. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #13

No buyers remorse here. I would buy the same trailer again in a heartbeat!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #14

It was a 300$ fix for my 07 silverado. Unlike springs leafs or shocks they don't really stretch or give over time. They do weather if you don't take care of them but will still outlast all the rest of the suspension
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #15

I'm happy to hear that too. (the buyers remorse comment) was kinda worried that maybe I would be getting myself into trouble with the fold out canvas parts but I haven't heard much about their issues. However I have heard that eventually those ends start to sag. I'm going to create lightweight braces for when they are opened up.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnutz View Post
However I have heard that eventually those ends start to sag. I'm going to create lightweight braces for when they are opened up.
i've been on 4 hybrid forums for the past 6 years and i have never heard of the ends "sagging".
do you mean the cables or the canvas or the bunk door?
i've heard the bunk doors "bowing" but not sagging.
it's like saying that you've heard about trucks' tailgates sagging.

where did you hear this?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #17

Lol maybe my info is wrong. But the ends that are canvassed and hang by the cables "bow"
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
Site Team

you mean the bed platform or what we call, bunk doors?

this has only been reported on any of the hybrid forums i'm on, a handful of times.
probably less than 5x, that i can remember.
definitely not an across the board problem.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #19

Well we have our walk through scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow afternoon, hope all goes well. Don't know yet if we will be able to take it home tomorrow or Friday as my TV is in the shop (another story about taking it in for one thing and they break something else) and suppose to be ready sometime tomorrow but may be too late to get it and pick up the camper so may have to go back and get it on Friday, luckily the dealer is only 10 mins up the road.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan
you mean the bed platform or what we call, bunk doors?

this has only been reported on any of the hybrid forums i'm on, a handful of times.
probably less than 5x, that i can remember.
definitely not an across the board problem.
Ya those are what I'm gettin at! And that's good to hear then.