Old 03-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #11

Well, I guess I'll be the one. Ordered a 2010 21SS and about 6 months after delivery had to have the front bunk replaced (under warranty) because the bottom of the whole bunk started swelling. Now I'm having the same problem with the back bunk and the entrance door has a nice delam bubble in it about the size of a frisbee. I'm out of warranty so I know I'm SOL, but on the bright side, I've never had a problem with leaks when the bunks were open.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kmprs View Post
I mentioned I had water in my rear bunk in another post, but I do not know the cause yet. Most of my (mis)adventures so far have been caused by human(owner) error so I can't rule out me or my family yet. Ensuring the canvas is tucked in on all sides when the bunk is closed is a requirement and this is my first thought when I saw the water.
I have opened and closed my bunk ends a few times already since getting it delivered two days ago. I must say that there is a knack to getting it closed properly (all the canvas tucked in) and its even more difficult when done alone and in temperatures below freezing. Proper placement of the mattress inside the camper helps a lot. I had to open and reclose doors a couple times when I noticed the slightest amount of fabric either sticking out or not fully in the camper. I even noticed an improper packing on the top of the door. We are already planning on getting a ladder to do a visual on the top of the slide and will probably use it to help open/close doors and do a visual on those too.

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post

I have opened and closed my bunk ends a few times already since getting it delivered two days ago. I must say that there is a knack to getting it closed properly (all the canvas tucked in) and its even more difficult when done alone and in temperatures below freezing. Proper placement of the mattress inside the camper helps a lot. I had to open and reclose doors a couple times when I noticed the slightest amount of fabric either sticking out or not fully in the camper. I even noticed an improper packing on the top of the door. We are already planning on getting a ladder to do a visual on the top of the slide and will probably use it to help open/close doors and do a visual on those too.
I know that my Roo has snaps that hold the mattresses in place when you want to close up. They keep the mattresses in proper placement and make closing up much easier. If that isn't an option, could you pull the mattress from inside, close up and then put the mattresses next to the folded up pop out?
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #14

When I picked up my 2012 Roo19, they told me to take the matress out of the bunk before folding it up. Once the bunk is folded up, I fold the mattress and slide one end to the far left (front bunk) and the back of the dinette holds it there (I put my cutting board between the corner of the dinette back and the mattress so it doesn't cut the mattress.) It sure makes getting the canvas tucked in a LOT easier. I don't bother with the snaps, either.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #15

F.R. sent me a new front bunk door (no charge and 1 year out of warranty). Local dealer installed the door (I had to pay for the labor) and stuck on an extra seal that is attached to the frame not the door. This appears to make the closure nice and tight. Dallas has had a lot of rain the last few weekends. We'll see how well it has worked when I take it to the lake next weekend. I'll post a follow-up.

2018 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2010 Ford F-150 Super Crew Lariat

Previously owned a 2011 Rockwood Roo 19
Aqualight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #16

I've had the front bunk replaced under warranty in December. Just drove through some rain on Friday, opened the front bunk and it was wet. I believe the water is coming in at the bottom of the bunk where the square gaps are in the corners, and appears to happen while we're driving only - not sitting in a rain storm. No problems with water while opened though. Mine's a 2011.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #17

Red face Help! 2005 Roo with water damage

I am new to this forum and am simply looking for others that may have encountered the same issue as I and some tips to fix. I have water damage that I am assuming has come from the bunk end. I have not had the opportunity to take the 17 foot single Axel roo to a Large Spray carwash to see precisely where the leak is.

I noticed a two years ago that the floor near the enterance into my Roo was feeling... a little squishy (giving a little when stepping on). last year it even felt worse. I am obviously going to have to cut out this piece of floor and replacing, but before I do so, I want to find where this is coming from.

I have always been good about ensuring that the bunk ends are closed properly, but even yet they never seemed to have a very tight seal or have loosened simply over time.

So getting back to why I joined this forum is... I need some advice to fixing my Roo...the floor and find the leak. Will I have to most likely pull my sink and vanity out? Is this a job that a guy that finished his basement could easily do? Just looking for some advice and help.

Is replacing of the door seals a pretty common fix? Is there a way that I can determine the extend of the damage without ripping up all the linoleum...

Thanks and good camping to all!

Rob
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
Moderators' Assistant

Rob, Google "SealTech Manufacturing".
they have a system that lots of dealers and RV shops have to pressurize RV's to determine leak areas.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #19

Took the Roo to the lake this weekend and the front bunk was dry! Here is a pic of the foam seal that the dealer stuck on the frame. Not sure how long it will last though. I think they said they got it at Home Depot. If that's the case I could've done this myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(5).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	28044  

2018 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2010 Ford F-150 Super Crew Lariat

Previously owned a 2011 Rockwood Roo 19
Aqualight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #20
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualight View Post
Took the Roo to the lake this weekend and the front bunk was dry! Here is a pic of the foam seal that the dealer stuck on the frame. Not sure how long it will last though. I think they said they got it at Home Depot. If that's the case I could've done this myself.
Thx for the pic. Added to the mod list

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote