Old 07-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

If it's like anything else Dometic does it's back ordered and takes for ever to get the fuse. I've had the replacement refrig light on order for 4 months now to get rid of the stupid blue light. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:40 AM   #12

We cured the poor ventilation design of our frige with a little modification to the ducting and added 3 120mm computer fans to the lower vent to pull more air in and force air over the coils. Freezer stays 5* and fridge 38* in humid 97* Florida. Also cools down in a few hours vs overnight. Fans-$10 ea, on/off switch $7, kold beer...PRICELESS!

Old 08-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #13

Domestic DMR 702

After three outings, the fridge in our new 21BD stopped working right before heading out for a trip. No blue light in fridge and get three temp level lights blinking off and on signaling an error code. Called Domestic to see what was wrong per their error code. Their answer was just take it to a certified repair shop. Just returned from camping while using two ice chests instead of the fridge. Will have to wait till Monday to find someplace to take it.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #14

Dometic DMR702 Update

Went out to the camper this morning to get the paper work on the fridge to use when scheduling a service repair center. For kicks, I tried to start the fridge and it worked just fine on 120v and on propane. Am hoping it keeps working. It has a two year warranty.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #15

I had this same thing happen last trip. I came back after being away for a day and everything was blinking. It was still cold though and I turned it off and on and it worked the remainder of the trip. Is there a way to see the error code? My guess is that mine overheated but I looked in the manual and didn't see anything about blinking lights or reset options.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #16

We finally got our fixed. Had to take it to Affinity RV in Prescott Valley, AZ. It was about 1 1/2 hours away but worth the trip. They treated us wonderfully. They checked it out but it was too late to get authorization from Dometic so they let us park in the parking lot WITH electric hookup. Fantastic RV dealer. They called Dometic the next day and within an hour they had it fixed. Said it was a thermal fuse and they took one out of the recall kit. When I talked with Dometic again they said our trailer already had a recall fuse in it. Well just goes to show you it failed so I don't have much confidence this will work. Will keep our fingers crossed.

Happy camping!!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #17

Recall kit

What is s recall kit? I had the same problem and they took the thermal fuse out of another unit going back for a different problem.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #18

VooVader

I found error codes in the fridge manual that came with the camper. One, two or three of the temp setting buttons will flash a couple of times when trying to turn on the fridge.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #19

Does it say what each error code means?
Old 08-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #20

Thermal Fuse

Heard back from the tech today, they replaced the lower control board only to have the problem of the two flashing lights continue. And with that they decided to test the thermal fuse, imagine that. Once they bypassed the thermal fuse the lights stopped blinking and fridge got down to operating temps over night. Apparently this "recall kit" is a common thing and they are able to grab a new thermal fuse out of it and will have my unit ready for pick up in the morning. Times like this I wish I could get the techs to read these forums so they could stop wasting their and my time.

The error codes in the manual do not list anything about a bad thermal fuse or about the two lights (mid and lowest temp) flashing. It gives every other combination, but not those two. I think I will jot this down in the manual for future reference.

TxLightkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator