Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #1

hitch height on 233S

I recently ordered a 233S and will be picking it up next week. Im wondering if it is parked on a level surface, how high off the ground is the hitch? Thanks!
cliffordredfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
Campfire Starter

I too am picking up a 2011 233s on Friday and would like to know that height. I bought an Equalizer and was getting things together last night. I understand will have to do the final adjustments with trailer but would nice to get majority of it done before we get there.

Doug '71 n Deb 'better not'
DS1 '98 DS2 '99 DD '04
2000 Coleman Utah, since '05 replaced with
2011 Rockwood Roo 233s
2002 F150 FX4 SuperCab
Fx4dugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #3

Hi Guys - did you find out what height the hitch is at? We just got ours done and its wayyyyy too low. what height is yours?
mtaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #4

I just picked up my 233s yesterday actually! When I got there my hitch was way off. When the trailer is level the top of your hitch ball is at about 25" up from the ground. Of course that is before the weight is put on the truck so you may want to make it a bit higher depending on your tow vehicle. I need to get a new one that will pick it up a bit more, I'm riding a bit low in the front.
cliffordredfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #5

Congrats! We just got ours Friday too and so excited! We just had ours installed and also extreamly too low, apparetnly our dealer said that is what the specs said for this model 18", so we have to go back and have them fix the hitch. Good luck with your new Roo - its great isnt it!
mtaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Campfire Starter

Hey, sorry I haven't responded sooner, been away enjoying our new 233s. As far as coupler height, I would say approx. 25.5" is good starting point. This is the hieght to top of the inside of my 2011 233s in my driveway when pretty darn level. I didn't get the height before I picked up my camper so the dealer did the final adjustment on the Equalizer ball height when we got there. I don't know what measurements he used but when i measured the ball height at home it was 27 inches, but the truck probably wasn't loaded the same. It seems to pull very well considering, how well it pulled when I picked it up. Drove about 15 miles without the bars since I bought hitch ahead of time and put hte rest of it on the camper that night the campground we stayed in. Equalizer was difinitely the way to go, big improvement. I did adjust the brackets a couple of times before I got the right ride height for the 7 hr drive home but after that it pulled like a dream. Better than our pop-up(no WDH). Have also pulled to the Wis. Dells(4hrs each way).

Long story short, 25.5" top of inside coupler should be close. But don't be afraid to be a little higher for the ball than that if you load your tow vehicle down or better yet do your final adjustment after loading the truck for a trip as the manual says.

DS1 '98 DS2 '99 DD '04
2011 Rockwood Roo 233s
2002 F150 FX4 SuperCab
Old 08-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Campfire Starter

By the way the 233S is a great camper, love it more eveytime we use it. Taking it to Adventurland Park for three nights this weekend to enjoy Adventureland Park and the Iowa State Fair. Have used it 3 times since the weekend after the 4 of July, hoping to get aleast 3 more trips in it yet this year. Fall is the best time of year to camp around here!!! Happy camping!!!

DS1 '98 DS2 '99 DD '04
2011 Rockwood Roo 233s
2002 F150 FX4 SuperCab

Tags
233, 233s