Old 09-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post
You may want to try closing all your windows and turn on the fantastic fan and then go out and fold up your beds. The fan will suck the tenting in like a vacuum and you should be able to latch one side at a time with no tenting exposed.

worth a try.
the OP has a 2006 model, which doesn't have the pre-attached tent end. my 2007 is the same. so doing the fan thing won't work.

a few years ago, Jayco had a step welded to each side of the A-frame, to help with using the latches and also with putting the canvas away and closing the door.

they only did it for a couple of model years but it be worth looking into having a welding shop install something similar.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #12

TweetCheeks, I am apologetic to those who are short.
However, life up here is not all roses. We tall people have knots on our knots that you cannot see!
TT slides, inside trim, have bloodied my head more than once and I have seen stars you know nothing of.....just sayin!
I will bet someone on this forum will come up with a remedy for your dilemma. Lots of inventive, inquiring minds hang out here with you. My problem.....well, OUCH. #%ĄŁ€@!/?, did it again.
Travel safe

Old 09-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #13

Thanks everyone for the help. We tried the fan thing. No go with the type of tent we have. I will try the trick with the front jack and see if that will help. As for getting a tall husband, he is quite tall enough and I don't need a trade in (yet). The problem is that he goes on business trips and I sometimes go camping and meet him on his trips. He isn't always around to help me pack up so I need to be able to do it alone. Getting help from fellow campers has never been a problem for me when I need help with stuff... like backing up....so I'm sure someone at the campground will be willing to help if I need it. I will just feel better if I know I have the ability to do it alone if I have to.
Cattle Dog
IYAOYAS
TweetCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetCheeks View Post
Thanks everyone for the help. We tried the fan thing. No go with the type of tent we have. I will try the trick with the front jack and see if that will help. As for getting a tall husband, he is quite tall enough and I don't need a trade in (yet). The problem is that he goes on business trips and I sometimes go camping and meet him on his trips. He isn't always around to help me pack up so I need to be able to do it alone. Getting help from fellow campers has never been a problem for me when I need help with stuff... like backing up....so I'm sure someone at the campground will be willing to help if I need it. I will just feel better if I know I have the ability to do it alone if I have to.
I admire your willingness to pack up solo. So far I've only had to set up solo. No way could I manage those tent ends by myself. Too heavy and clumsy. Keep asking for help from fellow campers. Campers are a great bunch and its nice to make new friends.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #15

perhaps it's time to look into getting another camper that you would not need to fold the beds up on.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #16
rbq

About a year after we bought our 233S I saw a Roo that Rockwood had made a step that fit over the tongue that was removeable. Thought it was a good idea when I saw it. Might want to contact them & see if they are available.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #17

YES!!!! Most campers are super awesome!! I don't know what I would do without them!! I have only met a small few who are jerks. We just went camping and a family down from us had brought an 8 month old puppy who barked most of the time. Ugh.
Cattle Dog
IYAOYAS
TweetCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #18

I do the same as I always have one end where I need the step stool. I use my hand to keep it closed while I step down and move the stool to the other side. It's hard to do on the front of the trailer but what about an old broom stick handle that you can use to keep pressure on it until you get to the other side

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #19
Summer2Go

I have 3 attached tents, I can open and close them by myself, but they are a little on the heavy side. As an older 5'7" lady, (not too short), it's a workout, and I welcome assistance when I can get it. I have to position the mattresses exactly right on the inside, so they close easily, that and the fans help. I don't want to push those doors up more than one time each. I would not be able to use a step stool to push them up solo, I have to be under and push straight up. It's probably pretty comical watching me push up the front bunk, jumping around the hitch to get the leverage to lift the door! Our camper is new, and we really love it, but I'll see if these heavy doors start to get "old" after awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #20
Take The Road Less Travld

turn on the vent fan or fans inside the trailer and then close the main door. Make sure there are no windows open or a vent open with no fan running. Once everything else is closed up, the tenting on the bunk ends get sucked in making it easier to close with bunk end doors without having to tuck. Meaning that you only have to reach the lower connection rods to close. Even if you have the older style with the upper and lower locking mechanisms, this is a good method to use to avoid tucking

I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, bunks