Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Submarines once..........

How long do you have?

So I have been obsessed with our new camper and this forum since we ordered our 233S in early February. Apparently it has been worse the closer we get to the Demo date and I DW is getting tired of it. She told me to post my excitement on here and stop pestering her. Oh by the way I pick up my camper in 7 days 1 hour and 19 minutes. But whose counting.. For all of those who are waiting and have a date when is yours?
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #2

Tomorrow morning 9 a.m.
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbornj
So I have been obsessed with our new camper and this forum since we ordered our 233S in early February. Apparently it has been worse the closer we get to the Demo date and I DW is getting tired of it. She told me to post my excitement on here and stop pestering her. Oh by the way I pick up my camper in 7 days 1 hour and 19 minutes. But whose counting.. For all of those who are waiting and have a date when is yours?
For that reason I could never order a camper!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
For that reason I could never order a camper!
I was fine for the first couple of weeks then ist started to get worse. By the time we hit six weeks which is when we were promised it is was almost out of my mind. We are now at about 14-15 weeks and DW is hating me but at least the kids are on my side!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbornj View Post
I here that I am still waiting for a call from my dealer sense yesterday.I called Monday they said it was off line on monday she said she had a meeting with her boss to go over pickup dates that she would call me right back . Still no call . Iam to the point where I wouldn't care if I just walked away.12 weeks ago they said 6 to8 weeks ? I said no problem as long as I have it by memorial day . she said not a problem. Yea right I doubt that's gonna happen.Also all contact was made by me they never called me once to keep me up to date on my order. I just may tell them to keep it and if they won't give me my deposit back oh well they probably need it more then me. will see
Old 05-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #6

I actually wore out the brochure waiting for ours. Congrats and hope the wait time goes quickly.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
I here that I am still waiting for a call from my dealer sense yesterday.I called Monday they said it was off line on monday she said she had a meeting with her boss to go over pickup dates that she would call me right back . Still no call . Iam to the point where I wouldn't care if I just walked away.12 weeks ago they said 6 to8 weeks ? I said no problem as long as I have it by memorial day . she said not a problem. Yea right I doubt that's gonna happen.Also all contact was made by me they never called me once to keep me up to date on my order. I just may tell them to keep it and if they won't give me my deposit back oh well they probably need it more then me. will see
We were at that point and ready to walk away until they sent us an email that said two words. It's here! This was the first time they contacted me without me contacting them first!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #8

Its not so much the waiting as it is the communication that pi#$#%es me off when we were looking to buy. The phone calls and emails were crazy soon as we purchased it nothing .So how is my service going to be?Sometimes a simple phone call to let you know whats going on can go a long way.Any ho I am glad to see you are on your way to the finish line hope everything turns on good for you have fun
Old 05-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Snowsail

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbornj View Post
I was fine for the first couple of weeks then ist started to get worse. By the time we hit six weeks which is when we were promised it is was almost out of my mind. We are now at about 14-15 weeks and DW is hating me but at least the kids are on my side!
Like you we were told 6 weeks and that was when we ordered it on the last week of February Well our Rockwood 8280 diamond should have rolled off the line today with a pickup on Saturday, so I will phone tomorrow to see if it’s still on. We are seasonal campers and our campground is already open here in Quebec. The season is very short here so were very anxious to start. Hoping to get a VIN tomorrow, so we can insure it, before picking it up at the border.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #10

One week on the dot as of right now.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #11

We were supposed to pick ours up last Saturday, sadly they did not have it completely done and wanted us to pick it up and bring it back a week later. We opted to just wait a week rather than make two trips. We are hoping that all goes well on Saturday with PDI and we will be able to head to Peninsula State Park next week Friday. Our dealer lived up to his promise that we would have our unit by Memorial Day. He ended up trading for our unit to make it happen. We are losing the power awning due to this, but we don't usually use the awning anyway so we are okay with it. Just need to figure out how much of a credit to ask for. I'm starting to get things ready because it is going to be nuts once it is here.

J.
JedinWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #12

We can relate to every one of these posts. We were told 4-6 weeks, and finally picked it up the 12th week. The dealer was as glad itcame in as we were, so I would quit calling him and giving him grief. That being said,we love our new sabre. Good luck and happy camping.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #13

I have been told that my Rockwood 2306 came off line last monday and that I should be able to pick it up from RVW around June 6th. Im hoping I got lucky because they had ordered four 2306's back in Feb and they had sold three of them since that time. I bought the last of the four so my wait should be alot shorter then say the first two who ordered due to the fact that all four will come in the same day. I am a little worried though becuase we have a week long vacation planed for the week of the 4th of July so I hope it makes it to my home by then.

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #14

We didn't order ours, but we are waiting on our PDI next Monday (21st). They are selling a lot of units and are a little behind on deliveries. I told the sales woman that that was fine since we don't have our first outing until June 1st. Still anxious to get it loaded and play with all of the stuff lol.

Edit: LMAO, clicked on this link from the sidebar. This is what I get for not checking what section the thread is in. Didn't order a Roo (we were debating on the 233S, great floorplan), but either way, we are in the same boat.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6
We didn't order ours, but we are waiting on our PDI next Monday (21st). They are selling a lot of units and are a little behind on deliveries. I told the sales woman that that was fine since we don't have our first outing until June 1st. Still anxious to get it loaded and play with all of the stuff lol.

Edit: LMAO, clicked on this link from the sidebar. This is what I get for not checking what section the thread is in. Didn't order a Roo (we were debating on the 233S, great floorplan), but either way, we are in the same boat.
Lol I do not think the agony of waiting is exclusive to Roo owners. Five days twenty three hours and fifty two minutes