Old 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #31
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Our Litehouse 23SS, very similar product to ROO 23SS had a 30 gallon gray water tank. The minimum amount of water used for a shower would be 3 to 5 gallons. Get wet, soap up and wash and then rinse. Anyone with long hair will take a bit more than the receding hairline public. So you're looking at somewhere near 6-8 showers on average. Your fresh water and gray water will most likely expire about the same time. At which time you'll need to dump the 2 waste tanks and fill the fresh water tank.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #32
We have yet to use our shower. I'm about afraid to. I'm a larger woman (He's no small person either) and honestly I doubt that there will be enough room. So far where we camp has the cleanest showers that I've ever seen. AND unlimited hot water. So we've both used their water for showers.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #33
I guess if you are a person who likes a long hot shower, that helps to decide the question.

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #34
First, quizpro, add us to the list of shower users. This may sound dumb, but, I really like the skylight that is over our shower. It gives a feeling of being 'outside', I guess. You also won't find many hand shower heads in cg facilities.

I think that the self-contained water capabilities of most RV's are designed for short boondocking stays, like weekends. If you're planning to do that for 10 days, with 5 people, you're probably right. You'll have to dump your tanks and refill your FW at least once, likely twice, more if you aren't experienced at conserving water.

The DW and I just returned from a boonie weekend. We've got nearly 50 US gallons of FW including the water heater and 100 gallons of grey and black water capacity. After 48 hours the monitor panel said we had about one third of fresh water left plus hot water tank. We each showered twice as part of the water usage. That suggests that the two of us have three days of FW at our current usage rate. With attention and practice we could likely push that out to 5 days.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab, Vortec Max
Prodigy, Reece DC

GAL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #35
Cunning Linguist
Originally Posted by skeeterbait8 View Post
So far where we camp has the cleanest showers that I've ever seen. AND unlimited hot water. So we've both used their water for showers.
Whether its just the "new and improved" park system, or me making better decisions on when/where to stay ... the facilities seem a whole lot nicer (cleaner) than they used to be.

A few years back (okay, maybe more than a few ...) I would have never dreamed of using a campground shower facility unless absolutely necessary, from both a safety and sanitary standpoint. However since we purchased a TT in 2005, the facilities seem to have gotten much better & we use the facilities at the campground when we are there. I can't say I've been anywhere recently that wasn't well maintained, cleaned & didn't have the welcome aroma of bleach.

Without the shower use, the freshwater seems to last indefinately in our unit & it's nice not to have to make multiple dumps during our trip.

Unfortunately we still do a lot of boondocking, so eliminating the shower doesn't work for us (but I have pondered on how nice a full size closest would be in that spot ).

Point of all this being, some folks may consider a shower indispensible, based on past camping experiences ..... but at least in the Southeast, things have gotten a lot better in the world of campground facilities
Acara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #36
Moderators' Assistant
for those of you that don't have a 23SS, remember the OP is asking about using the shower in it, specifically, not other models.

the 23SS is a corner shower, much smaller than those in bigger rigs, even those with corner showers.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #37
Well I'm glad to report that I finally used the shower in my 23SS. The campground was having major water issues (NONE! Water main break!!) but I was able to fill up my tank and had other containers to use to replace what I used. I was actually doing really good. Anyway....... The humidity was unbearable to needless to say if you didn't shower everybody knew when you got near!
Wasn't the most grand shower that I've ever taken, but believe me I thought it was priceless! Actually used it 3 times. Twice in one day!

I forgot to add, I'm NOT by any means a small woman. Ok, some would say HUGE. I prefer plump or fluffy! hehehe But and it worked for me! I didn't loose one drop of water out in the floor.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #38
We use it, especially for quick showers. If we (read: I ) am in need of a big-time shower, we will use the available facilities, providing they are in reasonable shape.

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #39
OK, I can now officially say I have used the shower in our new 23ss. It is small and it will take a bit of getting used to but it is usable. I used it over a 10 ngt vacation as did our 7 yr old DGD. I did have to help her as she cannot reach the shower head and didn't know to turn it on and off. We did fine and lost less water each time. As for how long the FW will last, I would have no idea since we seldom dry camp. Actually I think we only did that once at a SP.
Donna=Me Tom=DH
2 DD's-grown, 1 DS grown, 1 DIL
4 DGD's, 1 DGS, 1 Pekingese(7/1/1999-6/18/2016)
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2000 Suburban 1500 4 X 4
ngts camped 2016-24 so far. reservations for 11 more
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #40
Site Team - Lou
Our rig has a quite usable shower and we use ours all the time. When water is available we actually prefer it over most campground bath houses we have stayed at. No worries about foot rot etc.

As long as you vent while showering, there is almost no residual humidity.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

23ss, roo