Old 10-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
Originally Posted by cookiebush View Post
I can stand two full size bikes between the dinette and the jacknife sofa. Works fine for me
I do the same thing. I got some packing blankets from Harbor Freight to put over the bikes. They have never moved from their assigned location although they may fall against each other.

2015 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Archicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #12
Traveling with bikes inside the camper

We have an 1809s Rockwood Mini Lite. To travel with our bikes inside we wrap a Thule strap around our coach and attach it to the bikes to anchor them to the couch. We use old towels to protect the bikes from rubbing against each other and to protect the couch.

Lisamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
We would strap them together and pack quilts or spare pillows around them. Never had an issue but does make it hard to use things inside until you unpack.
DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #14
We just went on our first trip with bikes. I ended up purchasing this: Racor PBS-2R Two-Bike Floor Bike Stand on Amazon.

Put that in the isle way, Used a bungee strap on the front tire to the rack and it stayed in place.

Seemed to work pretty well. Just takes a few minutes to un-do and take bikes out to get to whatever you need.

Or if you are nimble you can jump over the bikes with ninja like skills to get to whatever you need in the front of the camper. -- Like I had to do twice. In the same day. Within the same hour.

-- 2005 Ford F150 FTX with Roush SuperCharger
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:21 AM   #15
Our little Rockwood MiniLite etc being pulled by a SUV provided few options for bikes. I collapse the table and put it up against the murphy bed to make more room. I mounted fork mounts to a 2x6 that fits between the bench seats snuggly, then put an eye bolt onto the bench seat frames at floor level to keep the 2x6 from moving backward (these are also used to anchor the bed when it's down). The front tires rest nicely against the table frame and bench seats and the bikes are to one side so we can still get to the galley and bathroom while in route to our destination.
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #16
I ended up going with the floor bike stand and blankets around it. I just always worry about just doing a pile of things like that on the dinette, worried about how much things really bounce around in there while I am driving down the road. I might put a camera in there one day just to see what it does look like, and hopefully make me feel better about that, but that will have to wait for next spring, looks like my camping season is at an end of the year, too many full weekends before it gets too cold for the wife to feel happy going out.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
VaTechMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #17
2014 XLR 27HFS
I love having a toy hauler. Toss 'em in the garage and strap 'em to the D bolts. Along with a full size BBQ grill, Harley, and anything else I want to take. :-)

Dave & Audrey
dave961 is offline   Reply With Quote

bike, camper