I have been using the Geo-Method for years.
Black Tanks are Not septic tanks
I can not believe all those promises the packaged RV tank chemicals brag about....except maybe they mask the smell.
IMHO*...On the average time it takes to fill a black tank before it needs to be emptied...(4~6 days for 2 people)...there is no way that any chemical is going to 'break down' the solids. *dry camping excluded
All I can say with certainty is that the Geo-Method works (period).
It is Effective & Economical.
If you are having problems with your tank gages not reading correctly...the Geo-Method will help with that ...by cleaning off the probes (see my tips below)
Tips ...that I find that help by using the Geo-Method when you have full hook-up
and to eliminate potential problems...
1) don't be afraid to use lots of 'flush water' ...keeping the solids covered with water (in the tank) will minimise odors.
2) do not wait for the solids to 'mountain' in the tank before you drain.
3) before you drain...fill the black tank with water...this will help wash out the solids in the corners.
4) when choosing the type of 'powdered laundry soap'....the cheapest is usually the best, as it often has more fragrance , or you can opt to be more ecologic in your choice if you want.
..Drain & Rise all holding tanks before leaving the CG..then add 1- cup of each Laundry Soap & Calgon to a large pail of water...put this same mixture in each holding tank. The sloshing in the tanks while driving will clean and lube the surfaces.<this really helps!
In short: the Geo-Method works like this...
- the soap offers some suds to clean and a fragrance/cover-up
- the Calgon (water softener) coats the inside of the tanks and probes to eliminate sticking. If your probes are covered with debris it may take a couple fills and flushes to clean them.
Only use the Geo-Method in the Black and Gray holding tanks (Not the Water Tank).
What do you have to loose... try it...save some $$'s
Hope this helps
'07 WildCat 30 RLBS ~ West Coast Edition ~
Trail Air - Tri Glide Pin Box
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 Diesel Lariat 89k miles
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada