Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
kwillmott

It sounds like if the Roo is open people are having leaks from the tent corners or sides but when it is closed it is coming from all around the door - from the top or even the hinge area and running inside the bunk door to the mattress and beyond.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
kwillmott

Schawlow- I agree ours is a 2009 we got 2 summers out of it before the bunk leaks destroyed it. A very expensive 2 summers when I am left owing so much on the trailer. It is definitely a weak spot on the hybrids - the tent bunk doors.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaal View Post
So far mine is only on the outside, all along the bottom by the hinge, and only on the front of the camper.
Mine is the same, but also on the inside just above the rubber seal.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #24

I guess I should have ask all of these questions before I bought my Roo
Schaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaal View Post
Of all the Hybrid Campers that I shopped for the Roo seems to be the most expensive
not sure where you did your shopping but i have to disagree.

actually, from my shopping, it was about the cheapest, since the Roo is sold by the two top Internet dealers, RVW and RVDirect.
their low prices forces other Roo dealers to compete. i think that's one reason why so many Roos are sold.
i found Jayco to be the most expensive and Surveyor second highest.

i bought my new '07 Roo 23SS from House of Camping who competes against RVW for sales and beat both of the Internet giants, for the best price.
i paid $14.5k for my new 23SS and the cheapest Jayco 23B was around $17k back in '06.

i will speculate that you'll find the Roo can be bought cheaper than any other comparable floorplan by any other hybrid manufacturer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #26

The front of my 2010 19 is delaming. Not looking forward to the replacement.
Jersey Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #27

I am just gonna let it go and see what happens, it is not in the budget to be replaced, I will have to find a way to slow it down or prevent further damage.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #28
kwillmott

Schaal- I know right now we are trying to decide whether to just walk away from it. It is still sitting on the dealer lot. We took it back to the dealer after we discovered mold still there when it came back from the factory in July. Paid $2500 and now the dealer says we have to pay a min of $1200 or more for us to pay for the rest of the mold removal. I already pay $350 a month for the loan on it. Just don't want to spend anymore, it has been one thing after another with this unit. We have nick named it our problem child. So we may just walk away and leave it there. Can't sell it. Situation sucks. I wish there was a leaking Roo support group or forum. This whole process is stressful and frustrating. I guess it really depends on your dealer. Ours now has a D rating with the BBB we have discovered. Down from when we bought 3 years ago.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #29

I just bought this camper used last month I didn't notice the bubbling till last week when the sun was shining on the camper, the dealer said that it was a " as is" deal and they can't help me, and I bought a extended warranty and guess what, it not covered under that! I know the dealership knew about this problem but obviously they would not mention it because no one would buy it. Oh well guess I will name this camper my Lemon
Old 09-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
kwillmott

Schaal - oh no the warranty won't cover this? The dealer won't help. It sounds like they were trying to clear stock. Ours was the last one of this model and last years model so it was a bit cheaper they said. Sticker says 2008 was when it was made but we bought it almost a year later. I should have questioned why it sat for so long.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #31

After reading this I went out and checked my 2012 23ss and sure enough at the rubber seal on the front bunk on one side the deck was just a little damp. We try and keep a close eye for this and this is the first we have seen this. Also there is a metal channel under the rubber seal that is wet. We just had 6 inches of rain which may have had something to do with it. I have the extended warranty and will take it to my dealer. With so many of these issues has anyone considered class action litigation? This reminds me of Coleman and their ABS roof. Eventually Coleman stopped all production of their pop up trailers.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #32
kwillmott

Stormrider151- I honestly wish there was a way for all of us Roo owners to band together because there are many out there that have older ones, brand new ones and ones like mine that was only 2 years old not even when it leaked on 2 out of 3 bunks! It is just a matter of time before the leaks start or they may have already started and you haven't noticed yet. I am glad you have been reading and checking your bunk doors. Watch for discolored or rusty looking screws in the door bed. I am trying to warn people so they don't go though what we have. I wish we could band together for this. I owe a lot of money on something that I can't use.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #33

My front bunk keeps getting worse and worse!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
kwillmott

Schaal - I hope you can get your problems dealt with. I know it is frustrating believe me! A lot of money out the door.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #35

I had a Keystone cabana that had a front bunk leak during hard rains. I just got some white 2 inch electrical tape and ran some tape down the sides of the bunk cover and this took care of the problem. The top was close enough to the rain gutter and did not seem to leak The electrical talpe is easy to remove and dose not leave any sticky residue.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed