Old 02-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #21
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
I do not find this question true for me. I HATE sleeping in a tent! Love sleeping in a PUP and Hybrid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
But he did say "love sleeping in a tent" not "love sleeping on the ground!"

Maybe splitting hairs now, but I'm with you - pup yes, hybrid yes, tent no thanks.
Actually, I didnt say 'love' at all. I said "willing to do" I enjoy my hybrid and would choose it over tent camping any day of the week, however I would be willing to do any trip I do in a tent.

But we all know some... ahem... "fussy" people who would rather have their fingernails removed with pliers than camp in a tent. My point is if you wouldn't be comfortable with the thought of using a tent, and think a hybrid is 'better' I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I view my Roo as a big, comfortable tent. I have A/C, microwave and a toilet in my tent, but in effect, its still pretty much a tent.

Tim

Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #22
Professional Curmudgeon

If you park it on a seasonal site, at some point you are going to have to close the camper up in the rain. This means that you are going to have to make another trip out to the site the first sunny day to open it all up and allow it to dry.
Drying canvas is a pain when you can do it in your own driveway. I can't imagine driving any distance to do it.
Since you are going to park in a seasonal until you upgrade the TV, you might want to look at the many, many bunk house models out there.
BTW, a downside to parking on a seasonal site is the inability to do any real maintenance to your camper. So leaving it there for any length of time (more than a year or so) may put you in a bind when it comes to repairs or upkeep.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
Moderators' Assistant

IMHO, a hybrid TT is NOT a good choice for a seasonal site.
mainly because it has at least two big holes on either end that require constant scrutiny and monitoring for leaks.
if it's not parked locally for that, such as far away at a seasonal site, then the trailer could be subject to all kinds of things.
that's one of the biggest drawbacks to hybrids, that they require more care because of the two/three big holes that could allow water intrusion.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #24

Awesome points made by everyone. We are going to pass on the Roo and go with a 2010 Cherokee 27BH. Way heavier than our TV can handle but upgrading that next year... we also found a seasonal site too and the dealer is towing it and setting it up for us as well.

My wife and daughter (as well as myself) CAN NOT WAIT until May 1st.

2010 Cherokee 27BH
jamiecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #25
Moderators' Assistant

great choice, jamiecc, for what you'll be using it for.
glad you found the right trailer for you and your family and a place for it, so there's no need to upgrade the tow vehicle for awhile.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #26
Fulltime family RVer

Make sure you're there when they set it up and level it - I've read about folks not being happy with "how level" dealers got seasonal campers on delivery.

Tags
hybrid