Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #81

We live in the snowbelt of New England. If our neighbors get 1 foot, we get 2.
We’ve covered our hybrid since new (2013).
More a a precaution but a pull-in/back-in covered pavilion is the next step, this way we can easily enter the camper w/o having to wiggle under the fabric cover. Not to mention, it will double as a work area...
either way, I think it’s a good idea.
shackontheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #82

What a debate...I cover mine, thinking, as others have said, the piece of mind knowing that no leaks will occur while covered. Plus I like to get the snow off so the cover makes it very easy, snow just seems to slide off. Sometimes we get over a foot of snow here in CT then it rains heavy...also keeps the camper clean. I have the adco one, fits nicely and has enough zippers to have access to the camper itself and the storage compartments.
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackontheRock View Post
We live in the snowbelt of New England. If our neighbors get 1 foot, we get 2.
We’ve covered our hybrid since new (2013).
More a a precaution but a pull-in/back-in covered pavilion is the next step, this way we can easily enter the camper w/o having to wiggle under the fabric cover. Not to mention, it will double as a work area...
either way, I think it’s a good idea.
I think it's a great idea, and I would build one too. My problem is with zoning laws, and the size of our lot in relation to how much coverage we already have. Just another reason to get out of Rhode Island.
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #84
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvn2tvl View Post
Hum, I really didn't see any yelling in this thread. Mostly a yes I do or don't then an explanation why. I kinda like reading more than I do or I don't to questions.
Mine was more of a tongue-in-cheek response that clearly flew over your head.

If you read the thread title (which I had quoted), you won't actually find a question. Just a statement. A statement that is necessarily true for each one of us. And, three exclamation points is something I'd consider akin to yelling.

So, curious to see how many responses there were to a statement, rather than a question. But, I guess it makes sense, since the pros/cons of covering an RV haven't really ever been discussed on this forum before.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
Mine was more of a tongue-in-cheek response that clearly flew over your head.

If you read the thread title (which I had quoted), you won't actually find a question. Just a statement. A statement that is necessarily true for each one of us. And, three exclamation points is something I'd consider akin to yelling.

So, curious to see how many responses there were to a statement, rather than a question. But, I guess it makes sense, since the pros/cons of covering an RV haven't really ever been discussed on this forum before.

Maybe instead of an exclamation mark, I should have put a question mark.....

Should I cover or not ?????..... Then it's not a statement but a question to see how many people do cover their camper, or how many people are in my situation and can't do it anymore !
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
Maybe instead of an exclamation mark, I should have put a question mark.....

Should I cover or not ?????..... Then it's not a statement but a question to see how many people do cover their camper, or how many people are in my situation and can't do it anymore !
I'd say less than 10% cover. Most people do not. Drive past any self-storage lot and see how many are covered. Very few.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover