Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #31
kwillmott

Itat- no FR replaced my bunk doors with the old style that has the skirts along the edges and the bungee cords below. Only thing different is there is no black rubber around the outside of the door and the hinge along the bottom is white and looks different than the silver one we had before.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 AM   #32
kwillmott

Itat - yes I have been in contact with him as it just came back to us in July from the factory. The damage was discovered while in storage and looking at the damage the leak would have happened within the second year warranty that we bought but I discovered it when we were 6 weeks over.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #33
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymu View Post
greg rollins was the first guy i talked too then it was handed off to greg englemeyer who has been replaced by roger beiler.the latter actually called me back within an hour told him my issue with the door leaking into itself and sent him a video. best case scenario is i get another door for me to install myself worst case is its about 500$ or so for just the door and gaskets delivered.

If they offer you the same solution they did for me, they will ship replacement parts at their cost but won't ship them to you directly. They will only ship replacment parts to a dealer. If its a warranty claim you should not have to pay for the installatio but if you're beyond the warranty, you will have to have the dealer install them and you'll have to cover the labour costs.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott View Post
Itat - yes I have been in contact with him as it just came back to us in July from the factory. The damage was discovered while in storage and looking at the damage the leak would have happened within the second year warranty that we bought but I discovered it when we were 6 weeks over.
The cost of the warranty was a good investment then!

If the hinge was silver, did it not have any paint on it? Do the new doors have the white seal on the edges like on the 2010s and 2011s?
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #35
kwillmott

Well it came back still moldy and with some other defects that they did like kinking my fresh water hose so bad that we can't get the water to run through the pump so things aren't done yet and now it is back in Canada. We just can't keep putting money into this trailer it has been a brief enjoyment and now can't use it unless we pay more or do private restoration work.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
Canadian Member

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time getting the factory to make it right. You paid for the extra warranty and the mould issue was discovered within the warranty period so they should be taking it back to the factory to get it right. You shouldn't be expected to haul it from BC back to Indiana for warranty work.

Hopefully the new guy, Roger Byler, will be better to deal with.