Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
Submarines once..........

I called RV direct and asked about the one on the lot that was just a different interior color. They then told me I could come look at it and if I liked it I could take that one, especially because they got a e-mail from Forest river saying that it would now be the 20th of May at the earliest (pushing 16 weeks). 40 Minutes later I was there to look at the camper and talked to the people who put a deposit on it before I got there. The good news is they have one that is off line and en-route and this one will be mine!

63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #22

Thought I'd come back to let you all know that I heard from RV Direct earlier today. My 2306 is finished. She has no idea as to when we will actually get the unit. Forest River is 3 weeks out on deliveries. We ordered Feb 24th. So more waiting At least I know it's done lol

Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
Submarines once..........

Good luck, with all the delays and uncertainties we are having right now we are considering walking away form the deal. Our Roo is still sitting at the factory waiting to be delivered and has been since April 10th and they have no idea when it will be here. Being in the military my summer camping time is limited and if I wait much longer I am going to be better off just walking away and ordering a camper this winter for next year. We made plans for the weekend of May 11th (Over a month past when our Roo was promised to us), and it looks like we are going to have to cancel them. Lets just say DW and I are not happy campers at this point. I told RV direct about our impending decision and they are working on getting it here and promised it will be in their lot by then. What they cannot sa is that they will have it ready to give to me by then
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #24

Sorry for your delays. How frustrating for you. This has to be RV Directs fault. My TT was built on April 17th and my dealer got it on their lot April 24th. I don't understand why it is taking them so long to get it. Hope they follow through with their word and get it in time for your trip.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #25

I can't believe yours has been sitting since April 10th! That doesn't sound very promising for me then. Which Rv Direct facility is your Roo going to? My 2306 is going to Buffalo. I have it so they will be delivering it to my home. At this point, if it's near the end of May we will go up there and get it ourselves. Good luck! I hope that you don't have to walk away from it....
Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney View Post
Sorry for your delays. How frustrating for you. This has to be RV Directs fault. My TT was built on April 17th and my dealer got it on their lot April 24th. I don't understand why it is taking them so long to get it. Hope they follow through with their word and get it in time for your trip.
Do you have your TT yet ? Sure hope my dealer sends a driver for mine I don't feel like waiting any longer either
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney View Post
I'm not so certain. From talking to FR directly, apparently some dealers will pick their units up and other dealers will have FR deliver them. Also, FR said they were 2-3 weeks out on shipping so I know my Windjammer will still be a while...much to the DW's dismay. She's ready to hit the road.
1973 Camaro RS, LS6/475hp, 6spd
skullskidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #28

I do have it! Well at least I have been to my dealer and looked at it to make sure it came with all the correct options and colors. It did! Was made to my exact options.

Work has been crazy and I have been out of town so I have not had a chance to do the PDI yet. I am scheduled to get it on May 18th. My schedule will not allow me to get it sooner. Thankfully the dealer has been great with working with my schedule.

I know exactly how you feel. Are you driving your DW crazy yet? I did mine about a month ago. Any word on offline date yet?

Keep me posted on your progress.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullskidr View Post
I'm not so certain. From talking to FR directly, apparently some dealers will pick their units up and other dealers will have FR deliver them. Also, FR said they were 2-3 weeks out on shipping so I know my Windjammer will still be a while...much to the DW's dismay. She's ready to hit the road.
Boy the questions we should ask before buying. I guess until you are actually experiencing it you would not think about asking how they deliver and who does it. Guess I got lucky that my dealer picks up their own TT.

My fingers are crossed for all of you. Maybe we will catch each other out there camping sometime and we can have a v-nose party!

Hey thats an idea. A V-Nose Rally! Is there a central location between us all?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #30

I'm glad your TT came in just the way youy orderd it . Thats been one of the things that's been driving me nuts. As for the DW Defiantly driving her crazy Dealer said it would come off line the week of the 14th and it was possible they would send a driver out to get it.That would be great .But we will see. Don't want to wait another 4 or 5 weeks for delivery