Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #11

Hmmm, I wonder if I could get one of Mary's Levee High Apple Pies to the FROG Rally in Elkhart without it being eaten before I got there?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #12

I have a Rockwood 2604. The heater exhaust on mine is right next to the door. The shock keeps the door from covering the exhaust. Without it the door would open over it and cause it to melt the door when the heater is on.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
cogito ergo moo

update.

The "interior light switch" does indeed work the over sink light. Good to know.

Thanks to Newtsx3, I found the other speaker. Its is above the sink just like you said. It don't work, but its there. I'll have to look into that one.

finally, after a second read thru the manual, it still sucks.

Tim
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
First trip is Onondaga State Park. Kinda close (40-50 miles or so) but a good 'shake-down' location. The second one is already scheduled at the C.O.E campground on Hwy K in Annapolis.
Onondaga State Park! I live in Onondaga County in New York. The location of the Iroquois tribe the cave was named after. I never knew there was a state park or cave named after them. Just Wiki it. Thanks a new destination to add to the list.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
Current River Rat

Cowracer, we'll be enjoying Johnsons Shut-ins State park this weekend, 2nd outing with the new rig, with some friends from Illinois. Just going to kick back and relax and see what little improvements I can come up with. Our close friends have a 3 wheel motorcycle they pull a small pop-up with. Guess we'll be using our kitchen.
Haven't been there in years. Looking forward to some "camp" time.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4sax View Post
Onondaga State Park! I live in Onondaga County in New York. The location of the Iroquois tribe the cave was named after. I never knew there was a state park or cave named after them. Just Wiki it. Thanks a new destination to add to the list.
Had the COE's Meramac Lake Project been developed, Onondaga Cave would have become a footnote in history. It really is a beautiful cave.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bttravel View Post
Cowracer, we'll be enjoying Johnsons Shut-ins State park this weekend, 2nd outing with the new rig, with some friends from Illinois. Just going to kick back and relax and see what little improvements I can come up with. Our close friends have a 3 wheel motorcycle they pull a small pop-up with. Guess we'll be using our kitchen.
Haven't been there in years. Looking forward to some "camp" time.
I dunno about Johnsons shut-ins anymore. After the deluge, they rebuilt the whole campground. Last time I was there, there wasnt a tree within a quarter mile of any campsites.

Let me know how you like it.

Tim
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #18
Director, FROG

If you go to the interactive campsite map at Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park Loops 2 and 3 | Camping | Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park | Missouri State Parks you can click on the site number and see a photo of the site. The trees appear to be pretty well established at least on loops 2 and three.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I dunno about Johnsons shut-ins anymore. After the deluge, they rebuilt the whole campground. Last time I was there, there wasnt a tree within a quarter mile of any campsites.

Let me know how you like it.

Tim
Hopefully I'm not violating a hard and fast rule by posting this link. We stayed at Johnson's Shut-ins State Park a few weeks before the official reopening of the park in 2010. Here's my post w/pics in a different forum about the park. Had the dam burst during the camping season a lot of people would have been killed. The Taum Sauk dam disaster is an amazing story and it's hard to believe the park's superintendant and his family survived the dam break.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Johnson's Shut-ins w/pics

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Hopefully I'm not violating a hard and fast rule by posting this link. We stayed at Johnson's Shut-ins State Park a few weeks before the official reopening of the park in 2010. Here's my post w/pics in a different forum about the park. Had the dam burst during the camping season a lot of people would have been killed. The Taum Sauk dam disaster is an amazing story and it's hard to believe the park's superintendant and his family survived the dam break.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Johnson's Shut-ins w/pics

Regarding the Taum Sauk disaster...

I'm a controls and automation engineer, and its a suprisingly tight-knit group in the STL area. You can take any 2 automation engineers who are otherwise strangers, and put them in a room and in 10 minutes they will discover 4 or 5 people that they know mutualy.

Anyway, the cause of the disaster has exactly NOTHING to do with the official story that Ameren uses. I have had (many) beers with guys who worked on that system and know what happened. It's a bit technical to go into on this forum, but if we ever bump into each other while camping, I'll tell you the true story.

its not a huge conspiracy or anything. Just a simple chain of mistakes that are hugely embarassing to Ameren in hindsight. Of course, any country boy will tell you that you dont impound a billion gallons of water without a spillway, but, well... There ya go.

Tim