Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #1

Increasing Shower Capacity

I generally use the Campground shower just because of the low flow in my 21SS not to mention the "girls" are always in it in the morning.

Apparently you can increase the flow by disassembling the area around the shower faucets. Once done there is a small hole that limits flow to the shower, apparently some people drill it out to a larger diameter.

Has anyone done this with a Roo and could share the results? I'd just like to know before I go start drilling. I always use campgrounds with water and never boondocks so I have lots of water pressure.

Apparently an Oxygenics Shower Head helps also but is kinda expensive.
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Site Team

I got my new chrome Oxygenics for $20 on Ebay.
Even CW has it on sale quite often. Don't consider it expensive.
Unless you live in Canada.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsonr View Post
I generally use the Campground shower just because of the low flow in my 21SS not to mention the "girls" are always in it in the morning.

Apparently you can increase the flow by disassembling the area around the shower faucets. Once done there is a small hole that limits flow to the shower, apparently some people drill it out to a larger diameter.

Has anyone done this with a Roo and could share the results? I'd just like to know before I go start drilling. I always use campgrounds with water and never boondocks so I have lots of water pressure.

Apparently an Oxygenics Shower Head helps also but is kinda expensive.
You say the C/G has Plenty of Water pressure,but you dont say if you are hooked to Sewer! Drilling will only supply more water,BUY and Install a Oxygenics shower head! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:15 AM   #4

Every showerhead is different with regards to what type of water restrictor is in them. Most just pull out of the handle where the hose connects. Some will not come out. I am a plumber and I remove them all of the time. If I can't pull it out with a dental pick or needle nose pliers, I screw a small wood screw into it and pull it out with Channellocks. If the restrictor is not removable, sometimes there is a small o-ring that can be removed and that is good enough. Very rarely do I have to drill a hole through a restrictor, but if I do, I just have at it with a drill bit somewhere around 3/8". I make sure I get any drill shavings out before I reconnect the hose as they may be impossible to get out later.

Bruce

Tags
show, shower