Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #1

Inpatient parent of a new 2010 Roo 21SSL

We ordered our 2010 Roo 21SSL October 9th and the dealer said it will be 4 to 6 weeks. We called Friday and they still don't have a vin # on our unit. We called Froest River and they said they can't help us without a vin #. How long have you all waited for your campers?

Roo 21ssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo 21ssl View Post
We ordered our 2010 Roo 21SSL October 9th and the dealer said it will be 4 to 6 weeks. We called Friday and they still don't have a vin # on our unit. We called Froest River and they said they can't help us without a vin #. How long have you all waited for your campers?

Can't speak to the Roo but we were told when we ordered our motorhome that calling FR would not get you anywhere. Even the dealers can't get any info until the unit is done and the factory calls them. Our dealer specifically told us right up front that calling them or the factory wasn't going to do anything but annoy them. It's a "hurry up and wait" situation and it's hard to do I know. But before you know it, you will have your new rig and hopefully you live in a part of the country where you will be able to take it out and use it right away.

We had to wait 10 weeks for our rig. It arrived just 3 days ahead of a scheduled 3 week trip so we had no time at all to learn the rig or get accustomed to it. Not the way I usually advise others to do it either, LOL

Hang in there and start shopping for the necessities to equip your new rig while you are waiting and plan that first trip.

Have fun with it.... Congrats on the trailer and welcome to the forum....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #3

I skipped that brutal step. I fell into a lightly used 370XL. A local doctor bought it, did almost every upgrade, drove it for 2800 miles and then upgraded to a diesel pusher. So my dealer/salesman sold the same rig twice within the span of a few months.

God bless rich people!
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo 21ssl View Post

We ordered our 28RKBS on October 12 and we received a data spec sheet that was faxed from Forest River to our dealer including the VIN for the trailer around the 28th of October. This was for us to look over and confirm the build info (ordered options) on the trailer in the event we wanted to add or change anything on the order.
I have called the plant twice and they were very helpful and she also gave me the last 7 numbers of the VIN for tracking purposes.
I plan on calling the end of this week to see if I can get an approximate date of completion. Our unit is being built at the Forest River plant in Dallas Oregon.

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21ssl, roo