Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #41
Lets go camping!

i have usaa on my camper and pay about $160 a year.

i also was switched to progressive at the beginning till i found out usaa covers non motorized campers. called them back and had to talk to a knowledgeable person.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #42

Since my current policy (Nationwide) is due for renewal in a week I decided to call USAA for a quote this morning. Here's what I've learned for those that may not know. If the TT is hooked up to the USAA insured TV and in tow, the TT is covered under the auto policy. To get protection while the TT is in storage or sitting on the property you need the additional coverage. So with comp/collision & roadside assistance and $200 deductible, came to $314 per year.

Now I gotta go pay my storage fees at the end of the month... ugh.

Safe and happy travels.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #43

Mxsk8srf:
I went through USAA, too. Military discount and the "comfort" of knowing it would be USAA. Heh.
They bumped me over to Progressive as they did you. No complaints about Progressive, but after reading that you got a better premium by going direct, THAT will be my next move. Thanks!
Jan Gerstner. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #44

Living Situation

It also makes am big difference whether you are a full-timer or an occasional user.
JonesyTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #45

Tell them you're a TT

When I went to USAA for RV insurance, I have home and auto; I was told that I would need to have coverage from Progressive. After a little finagling, I told them that my RV is a Travel Trailer, that made a big difference. Seems USAA will cover tt's in house which is cheaper than Progressive...
PRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
As stated multiple times, USAA will cover travel trailer without having to go to progressive.

I made the mistake the first year I had my trailer too and got pushed off to progressive. Second year, I got USAA to cover it for way less.
I never could convince them to cover my TT. Progressive was way expensive. I wound up going to American Family for a lot less. Coincidentally, my townhome insurance was with American as I could not find a USAA agent that could quote me an "HO6" policy. They kept quoting me numbers for a stand alone house and not take into consideration the fact that the exterior and roof were not my responsibility.
USAA does not quote "stated value" classic car insurance either.
On the other hand, American Family cannot come close to my TV insurance rates at USAA. I have never found a single insurer ever beat them.
I would consolidate everything at USAA if they would let me.
Craig
denfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance