Old 10-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewcrook View Post
It's 120V so just ran the cord up and plugged it in the outlet that was already behind the entertainment center door above. Install was fairly simple. Added a vent above to allow heat build up in the cabinet out but it's not required in the installation. I'm a cabinet maker so not hard to do for me but if you own a jigsaw you can do it. It's an insert so you just cut the hole the size that the instructions say. Unit cannot be too deep though as it would not fit. This model was perfect size. Yes added more storage just above the fireplace as it was more wasted space. Perfect for dvds. Hope this helps!
I don't build cabinets professionally, but I did build our kitchen and bathroom cabinets myself, along with everything else in the house. I love doing that stuff, just not sure if I'd want to do it full time. Worried I'd not enjoy it anymore.

I think the cabinet door for DVD storage is a really great idea. I may do this also.

It also looks like you may have added 2 other drawers in place of one big drawer in the kitchen. I've been debating on changing ours up. We have 2 doors that swing open there and then 2 pull out drawers behind that. Kind of a pain.

Mods So Far:
FIREPLACE!! Wire Shelving in Wardrobe and above counter. Honeywell Thermostat.
To Do: TOO MANY!!!
D_TWEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #12

You can do it no problem then. Yes been doing this 20 years but still love it. Except for the sanding! Not fun. Yes the two doors with big slidouts was useless. My wife wanted smaller drawers for silverware and stuff. That was one of the first mods I did 1 1/2 years ago when we got it.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1445045364840.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	91826  

Old 10-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewcrook View Post
You can do it no problem then. Yes been doing this 20 years but still love it. Except for the sanding! Not fun. Yes the two doors with big slidouts was useless. My wife wanted smaller drawers for silverware and stuff. That was one of the first mods I did 1 1/2 years ago when we got it.

Mike
That's definitely on my agenda for the winter. I hate to ask what else have you done? These are all really great mods. I noticed in the last photo, is that butcher block attached the the side of the island?

I'm thinking about adding a pull out drawer to the end table next to the front bunk. Possibly adding a light under the upper cabinets next to the stove.

Mods So Far:
Old 10-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #14

18" Spectra fire Insert With Screen Front at Menards https://www.menards.com/main/p-2383855.htm

I'm wondering if this would work for the fireplace?

Mods So Far:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #15

Real craftsmanship, Mike. Will definitely be doing the fireplace.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #16

Thanks CNYCamper. Fairly easy for anyone that's handy to do. D_TWEEZY that looks like it will work but I can't remember the exact measurements. I know the Classic Flame one fits almost perfectly so compare the dimensions to that one to see. I have done more Mods then I can count, it's very addicting! Especially when it has to do with cabinetry since that's what I do. Yes I added a drawer to the front nightstand and one under the fridge as well. Here is a quick list of some other fun things....Added a dining table extension, shelving and lighting in wardrobes/cabinets, exterior hand turn cams to exterior storage compartments so I don't need a key everytime to open them, under cabinet light in kitchen slide under cabinets, new SS basin sink to replace the junk plastic one, new door under rear bunk for interior access to storage, flip up cutting board on island, shower mods to keep water from getting out when showering ....and a bunch more small mods for the kids and wife. I can post some pictures if your interested in any of these. Got most of the ideas from this forum. Excellent source for information and resources!

Mike
Old 10-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #17

Mikewcrook... I'll have to double check the measurements to make sure it will fit.

I completely understand the moding problem. I've had the 23ikss for a little over a month, and I just keep finding more and more things I'd like to do. Very addicting!

I'd love to see some photos of the kitchen sink. Now that I think of it, I was very careful when I did dishes, to make sure I didn't beat it up. The cutting board also, and the dining table extension would be good to see. The other one, would be what your take was on the shelving in the wardrobes. I've seen a few others, but I also see the craftsmanship you have.

Mine came with the drawer under the the fridge. Did you make it bigger? I believe yours is also a 2014 23ikss correct?

Mods So Far:
Old 10-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #18

One question I have is how much power does the fireplace draw? Using my little freestanding heater, I can't make coffee at the same time or I blow a breaker.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
One question I have is how much power does the fireplace draw? Using my little freestanding heater, I can't make coffee at the same time or I blow a breaker.
Almost always 1,500 watts.

Bruce
Old 10-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #20

Jking46 yes I believe the fireplace heater uses about 13-14 amps. Yes I have the same problem sometimes when we run the coffee pot. Have to remember to turn off the heater. Running microwave with it is fine but not the coffee pot. We use another small ceramic heater in the rear of the trailer at night but in order to keep the breaker from tripping while both heaters are on I run an extension cord from the 20A connection on the power pedistal through the back tent end and plug in the heater. Keeps them on separate circuits. No problems that way.

Mike