Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #61

No worries. I'll measure this weekend and give you an acurrate estimate.
Mikewcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #62

Beautiful kitchen work! Looks like Shaker style doors. Very popular in my line of work. Great job! I like the backsplash tile!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #63

You will have no problem with the trailer mods after doing a kitchen like that. Great work!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #64

Sounds good. I've got plenty to keep me busy for awhile. Thanks again for being willing to do that. It's very much appreciated.

And thank you. I learned a ton from my father in law. We have built some pretty nice things together.

Yeah they are shaker style. I wanted them to be different then what I've seen before, so they are from what I remember 36 inches tall with plexiglass inserts on the tops. I hadn't seen many people do that with one door usually 2 separate doors. Also, I wired up the lighting while I built the cabinets. Under Cabinet, above cabinet, and inside the glass fronts all light up.

Don't get me started on the back splash. It was horrible to install. For whatever reason my wife really liked it, but then I found out its on a sticky back after we bought it and it sat for almost 3 months before I could install it. Too late to take it back. It was really hard to get everything to line up. It turned out okay though thankfully.

Mods So Far:
FIREPLACE!! Wire Shelving in Wardrobe and above counter. Honeywell Thermostat.
To Do: TOO MANY!!!
D_TWEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:21 PM   #65

Your right. I always do separate cabinets when adding glass at the top. Nice job to incorporate it into one door! Backsplash work is never fun! But looks good in the end!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_TWEEZY View Post
First and foremost, Thank you to everyone on this Forum. You have all been a big help to me and my small family in finding what we like and purchasing our first HTT. (not to mention spending even more money on all of these MODS I have officially become addicted to doing)

We had been looking for a long time, and finally decided on a hybrid. Our tow vehicle is a 2005 1500 Chevy Avalanche Z71 with only a 7,200 towing capacity, and we already decided against a popup. We have a 2 year old now, and the wife didn't want to do tent camping anymore either, so at that point it was either a hybrid or replace the TV. That wasn't happening anytime soon so, off to find somewhere that sold them.

We went to a few dealers, and found a very nice, barely used 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS. I had seen the model many times on here, but all of the dealers in our area carry mostly Jayco lines. I was asked what I was interested in most, and I told them there was a HTT with 2 slides and a center island I really liked, but just hadn't drove there yet to check out. Low and behold, they had one there!

I knew the second I saw it, it was the one, but the wife was still iffy on the whole Hybrid thing. When she saw the space however, she was done for. She loved it. Needless to say, it is now ours, and we are home after our first week long camping trip with it.

Besides a few mishaps on my part, (didn't check to make sure propane was full, causing us to run out completely on night 3, and also not having the PUGS strapped very tightly the 2nd night a horrible storm came through; literally flipping one of the groups tents that were with us over, pics hopefully to follow if I remember; causing the PUGS to act like a wind sail) it was a great week!

So, the first thing I did when this was in the backyard, was look on here for every odd and end MOD I could find. Seeing what everyone was saying, we decided:

-to ordered the SHW PUGS - Attached with Industrial Strength Velcro
-to do the Reflectix in the bunk ends, which I now am realizing I did wrong, but it worked none the less (gives me something to fix later)
-to replace the thermostat with a Digital Honeywell one yesterday after messing with the stupid standard one that came with it while camping.

Now, we noticed this past week camping, that it got pretty cold at night, low 50s, not bad, but still cold for the 2 year old, and the heater being only in the back, made the back warm, but not a lot going up front. I noticed there's a panel on the bottom of the entertainment area, that I'm wondering if anyone has installed a small fireplace there? The door doesn't open, and i'm not sure what is behind it. Power I figured I could route up the the other outlet below the TV that isn't used ever. Figured an electric one would work great, and hopefully help reduce the amount of propane we are using.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts? Has anyone Modded that cabinet to add a small electric fireplace?
I recently thought of that too for the cabinet in my Super V. It also has one cabinet door under the TV that doesnt appear to open. Took some rudimentary measurements of the door to door and measurements of the height and depth from the door that did open and bought the fireplace to do it. Luckily the DW wanted it for the house anyway. When I got down to do the install and put the slide out to attack the project, the reality of the non opening cabinet door came to light. Behind the door was not only a normal FR rats nest of wiring but also a sizeable subwoofer for the surround sound. Can't imagine why FR didn't mod the door with a grille so the sound would come out! Scratch that idea!
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote