Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 11:37 PM   #1

iRV 33 Technologies malfunctioning

Hey!

We are first time owners of any travel trailer, and we purchased a brand new 21BD.

It came with this system by iRV Technologies and we can't find any support online for this thing.

It was working really great until we got to our destination today. We can't get it to work for the life of us!

Does anyone have any suggestions for us?

Thank yall so so much!
JennLinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Not familiar with the unit, but I found a couple of threads on the Appliance & Electronics Forum that might help; it looks like the iRV33 is used in several different Rockwood models.

The first thread has a email and web site support suggestion that might help (see page five and six of the thread), and it appears the owner of the company is active on the forum. I didn't read through all the threads, but posting / searching in that forum might help? One suggestion I saw was to pull the fuse controlling the unit to force the unit to reboot.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...lem-69891.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...dio-72116.html

HTH

Stu
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #3

jennlinz,
We have this same system. Seems they are very temper-mental. The one thing I found that works the best is when it flakes out, Hold the power down for 5-10 seconds, the system flashes I believe and this resets everything in the system. You may lose your presets I cant remember but you will have your radio back. Hope this works out for you as well.
Purdyquibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Ambassador

I have the same problems with mine in my 2502KS. It flaked a little to begin with but now its almost every time I use it. I recommend replacement by your dealer asap. It's a pain but it should word as intended, that's what you paid for.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLinz View Post
Hey!

We are first time owners of any travel trailer, and we purchased a brand new 21BD.
Sorry I don't have suggestions on the radio, but do you have pictures of your new camper?! My new 21BD is supposed to be ready in 13 days and I'd like to check yours out. What colors and options? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugilmour View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Not familiar with the unit, but I found a couple of threads on the Appliance & Electronics Forum that might help; it looks like the iRV33 is used in several different Rockwood models.

The first thread has a email and web site support suggestion that might help (see page five and six of the thread), and it appears the owner of the company is active on the forum. I didn't read through all the threads, but posting / searching in that forum might help? One suggestion I saw was to pull the fuse controlling the unit to force the unit to reboot.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...lem-69891.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...dio-72116.html

HTH

Stu
Thank you so much! It put us in the right direction with the links to the threads. I truly appreciate it.

I think we are slightly out of luck during this vacation, but will get it sorted out once home.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoldwood View Post
Sorry I don't have suggestions on the radio, but do you have pictures of your new camper?! My new 21BD is supposed to be ready in 13 days and I'd like to check yours out. What colors and options? Thanks!
I don't have any currently. But I do love it!
It's in shambles right now. Hahah.

We have three kids, six year old twins (boy and girl) and a one year old boy. There is MORE than enough room for all of us and the supplies we take along.
It tows beautifully and we couldn't have been happier with our first choice.
We are Rocky Mountain campers in Alberta and BC mostly. It's been quite cold and night, and it's been great and warm for us all.
Our only issue has been with the stereo, and honestly, when you're in the Rocky Mountains, there is not much need for TV, etc.
we love it very very much!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
I have the same problems with mine in my 2502KS. It flaked a little to begin with but now its almost every time I use it. I recommend replacement by your dealer asap. It's a pain but it should word as intended, that's what you paid for.
I agree.
We are calling them in the morning (Monday) and getting it sorted out.
We are about 700km away from our dealer.
We will live, but I paid for a
Working unit. That's what I expect to get.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLinz View Post
I don't have any currently. But I do love it!
It's in shambles right now. Hahah.

We have three kids, six year old twins (boy and girl) and a one year old boy. There is MORE than enough room for all of us and the supplies we take along.
It tows beautifully and we couldn't have been happier with our first choice.
We are Rocky Mountain campers in Alberta and BC mostly. It's been quite cold and night, and it's been great and warm for us all.
Our only issue has been with the stereo, and honestly, when you're in the Rocky Mountains, there is not much need for TV, etc.
we love it very very much!!!
I'm jealous of your location! It has to be much more exciting than Indiana...

You'll have to get some photos. 2016? What colors? Also, how do you handle the sleeping arrangement for the one year old? We have a soon to be two year old that I am not sure what to do with.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Call Todd Eash at Patrick electronics and explain to him your problem. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #11

IRV 33

I own an IRV66, and had several problems from sound, to DVD playing issues. For some reason, IRV Technologies have had some quality issues with hundreds of units. Ask your dealer to order you a stereo unit that has been, what they refer to as,"proven and tested" from the manufacturer, delivery takes about 3 weeks, but worth getting rid of an annoying headache. My wife and I went through 3 units, then found out about this IRV, Forest River program, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #12

We got our 2015 Sabre in December 2014. That iRV33 was crap from day one!! Tons of people talked about it on the forum in Jan. and we all found out that FR sent all the dealers a brand new one and they would all get replaced. Ours did and now its A-OK!!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #13

Thank you everyone for your input. I appreciate it.
We are back home now and the Roo is going to be going back to the dealer and they can fix it.
We are headed out in two weeks, so hopefully this gets dealt with quickly.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoldwood View Post
I'm jealous of your location! It has to be much more exciting than Indiana...

You'll have to get some photos. 2016? What colors? Also, how do you handle the sleeping arrangement for the one year old? We have a soon to be two year old that I am not sure what to do with.
We love the Rockies. Very lucky to be around them.

Our one year old just slept in the bed with my husband and I. It works out pretty decently.