Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #21

It is probably your By pass valve needs to be closed per Ford Idaho' s drawing. This happened to me and the water is only luke warm for a short period. I would check the valve.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #22

Check outside shower valves both off. Temp with hot only should be same from sink or shower.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #23

As others have said, the hot water tank is very small so start & stop showers are a must. Doing that will preserve the hot water. Another tip is to have both the electric and propane water heaters running while showering. It seems to help the tank keep up better.
You have four places to draw hot water: the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, the bathroom shower, and the outside shower. The temperature of the hot water should be the same at all four locations, and when it fully heated, it's pretty darn hot. If you walk around the camper and run each faucet for 20 seconds, is the temp consistent between the four?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
You have yet to verify that the Valves are turned Correctly and report back. Members are trying to Help and you supply a answer like this (Im not taking a shower to time it)? Youroo!!
I see nothing wrong with his answer? Many are saying that you need to take navy showers because it is only a 6 gallon water heater. What he is saying is that the water isn't getting hot at the shower. He isn't running out of hot water.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
The water is warm, so I assume it is not on by-pass. The kitchen sink gets pretty hot, but the shower, with nothing but hot turned on, seems lukewarm after about 5 minutes. I had the hot water on on propane all afternoon, with the camper plugged in to power. I can't believe that's all the hot water I can get.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
In his post he said the kitchen tap is "hot" but not the shower, wonder if he has a kinked hot line to shower behind wall.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #26

Quote:
The water is warm, so I assume it is not on by-pass. The kitchen sink gets pretty hot, but the shower, with nothing but hot turned on, seems lukewarm after about 5 minutes. I had the hot water on on propane all afternoon, with the camper plugged in to power. I can't believe that's all the hot water I can get.

If I read the above quote correctly he says the hot water in the shower seems lukewarm after about 5 minutes. How long do you think six gallons of hot water is going to last with a continuous flow? That is why I suggested Navy showers.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #27

Quote:
I'm not taking a shower to time it. I'm watching to see if it is hot enough. It's lukewarm, and no cold is on at all.

Wet....Soap UP.....Rinse...Dry........
Old 06-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #28

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
If it's hot when you start and it doesn't last.....that's the nature of the beast. Do you turn it off when you're soaping up? I myself do that and also I turn both hot and cold down so it's not full force. If you take a shower like you did in your sticks and stones with a 30, 40, or 52 gallon water heater, you'll definitely run out of water before you rinse off. You can get shower heads from the RV places that economize the use of water. I did, and I like how they work.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #29

Hot and cold water mix in shower

Forgive me if my answer is not very technical. When we first used the shower in our 2015 Vibe, the water was either super hot or super cold. Right below the actual shower head there is a little button you can push. When pushed midway, I got a mix of hot and cold, so it worked!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #30
Summer2Go

I think I might be mis-reading how to by-pass. I looked at Ford Idaho's pic, and it looks like you are turning the switch between the hot and cold pipes closed so they can't mix together there. I took a flashlight and looked under the bench in my dinette to see better, and I may have caught the problem. I will know when I do another trial run with the water hooked up. I indeed know it is no more hot water than a 5 gal. bucket, but I assumed it would be hot enough to mix with some quantity of cold water to make some more. We are parked in the driveway, spending time figuring out each part of the trailer for a couple more weeks. This is our first experience with a bathroom and hot water, coming from a small Rockwood Freedom pop up. We have moved up to a palace in comparison!

Tags
show, shower, water