Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #1

Issues with door

Has anyone experienced issues with the door on their 23IKSS?
My 2015 Shamrock's door is not closing properly on the top portion of the door. I have about a 1/4 inch gap on top but the bottom portion closes fine.
I have the camper on my driveway and accurately leveled. It was not an issue during the PDI.

Before I start making calls and take it for repairs, I thought I would ask the real experts first.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Site Team

things like this sometimes happen when the owner overtightens the corner stabilizers/jacks and bends the frame, causing door issues.
using these to level, is a big NO-NO!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #3

I saw a trailer set up near a fireworks stand yesterday that looks like the tires are off the ground.
When I get done with my yard work I am going to go take a better look see.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #4

if it has a strut that opens the door check the door frame and see if it coming loose. we just went through that with our 2109s. The whole door and frame was replaced on ours.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #5

Which door? Screen or out side door? I had to adjust (bend) both of mine to fit better and close. Also had to adjust the latches. Looks like the hinges are just 1/8 aluminum.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
Old Ram Guy

Door Issues

I just brought mine home last Friday and I'm having the same issues with the door. It seems to stick depending on how many people are in the camper. I adjusted the leveling jacks and it goes away until people have gone in and out a few times then it happens again. I never noticed any problem during the dealer walk thru.
Avenger61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #7

Weird, I just noticed this also on my 233s. The top corner of the screen door is sticking and now there is a small gap. Hm, will have to check the jacks tomorrow.
hockeyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #8

Our new 23ikss door lock seems to get stuck and we gave trouble opening the door?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forest River Forums mobile app
mlforan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #9

We have the same problem with our 2015 Roo 21dk

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #10

Just bought a 2015 23ss and the door is not a rectangle, the bottom opening is 25.5 inches and the top is 26.25 inches. The screen door doesn't cover the opening and bare metal is now showing at the top of the door frame. Also, when the door opens it slams into the awning brace. Ive called the dealer in mid Ohio and seem to be getting no where with a repair schedule. Plus, my slide out blows fuses every time we use it. Love our Roo, but want it fixed!
ClarkExplorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #11

Clark do you use an extension cord per adapter to plug into? If so check the gauge of extension cord you are using..was a simple fix for us.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #12

Slide Blowing Fuses

Truth

Yes, we use a heavier extension cord 12 gauge. But, I had to replace a fuse before we could head home from our last camping trip. Glad I bought extras. Thanks for the reply.

Clark
ClarkExplorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #13

Wow. Sounds like this is a common problem with all the posts that we are getting here. Something is off.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #14

Our 23IKSS door is hard to close as well. I do think it may have to do with the stabilizers and how many people are in the camper. Sometimes it closes just fine but more often than not we need to pull the door latch as we close the door to make it close more easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #15

On our 2014 23SS, when we did our walk through it seemed like our door was a bit tight and seemed to not open smoothly, I assumed that it was just because it was so new and needed to be worked in a little. After setting it up in the backyard and going in and out for a couple of weeks, it just didn't seem right. After further inspection we noticed that the screen door rubbed on the top part of the frame every time we opened and closed it. Not only that but the bottom 2 feet of the entry door seemed to bow outward and had about a 1/4" gap between the door and perimeter insulation tape.

I took the trailer in to the dealer so they could check it out and they are ordering a new entry door under warranty for us. They said it may take 3 or 4 weeks to get the parts from Indiana.
KonaIslandKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #16

awning/door problem solved

ClarkExplorers

Quote:
Also, when the door opens it slams into the awning brace.
I had this problem also. I fixed it by unscrewing the lower arm from the door bottom that limits the door opening and then closing the door closer to a 90 degree angle with the HTT side, then reattaching the plate on the door, so that it was further from the hinge. This limited the travel of the door. I did this because opening and closing the door with the awning deployed was a problem. I think this was an oversight during construction, because with accurately placing that arm plate on the door bottom, you keep problems from happening.

I thought the admonitions of not using the stabilizers to level the camper were all wet... I figured an inch or so of leveling capability would not hurt... I was wrong... I also worked into a door closing problem. I solved it by bringing up all stablizers, then rolling the HTT onto two stacked 2 x 8 boards on one side to get the side to side level. I used the tongue jack to get front to back level. I laid down 2 x 6 by 10 inch long boards and re-stablized the jacks on the boards, because I am on gravel in my driveway. I only just brought them into contact with the boards, then gave another very short burst on slow speed on the electric hand drill. So far for the past 3 weeks setup in the driveway everything has remainded level and the door closes properly.
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door