Old 03-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #21

Hybrid Love!

The trailers of my youth had lots of windows that opened so if you didn't have AC you still survived but today's trailers are ovens without AC so if you like to camp in the state parks and other areas with limited hookups you need a tent, popup or hybrid and I like the bathroom and kitchen of my Roo. Can't turtle in a popup or tent and at my age I love to be able to use the bathroom while on the road. (not while driving mind you) No hybrids aren't perfect but they do allow me more freedom and comfort then most other options. Happy Camping!

Old 03-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #22

Had a ROO21SS five years. My PUP on steroids. Miss it for all the right reasons especially all the mods I incorporateed. Loved the 'dance floor'. Now I'm just one of the Class C folk.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #23

I still prefer the tent

I hunt from a wall tent. My wife wanted a toilet, a kitchen and a shower. Picky. It tows like a dream, I can park my 21' Roo in my yard, or in small campsites designed in the 50's. We can boondock where others are afraid to go. When we open it up, it is like a 27' trailer. With the slideout, there is room for a table in the kitchen. We had looked at a lot of trailers, but when we saw this one, we knew it was what we wanted.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
I thought about it for a minute and realized for 99% of the world they were absolutely right. The thing is, if you are the 1% that "get it", you realize you get all of the creature comforts, still get to sleep in a tent, and have the utility to sleep extra people, tow less length, and really have less than 5 minutes extra setup time.

I started thinking about how much I like to mess with my camper. I like setting up, I like modding to make it that much more mine, I like figuring out how to pull just one more ounce of utility out of it.

It reminds me of how unique it felt to own a niche vehicle and how fun it was to be able to experience things that others wouldn't appreciate or understand...not that I blame them a bit. It is pretty fun being part of such a unique group.
Hey RooVader! Agreed. We are living in our Palomino 190X Solaire Hybrid. I love it. But then again, like you, I like messing with my camper... I like the tent ends and the fact that we can go into National Forest roads and tight fitting places where bigger tows cannot go.... and then EXPAND.
We are new to this life and "nomad" feels like home.
Happy Trails!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Sounds like you haven't used PUGs or the equivalent solar blankets.
If you had, you would have solved both the bright sunlight AND the condensation issues.
bikendan!!! Glad you posted this... What can we do about the condensation... My guy didn't sleep much last night because of the condensation dripping on his head all night.
How did you solve this issue???
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
Can't imagine wanting anything else. Most of our time camping is spent outside, but on days when the weather isn't cooperating, we have a comfortable sofa, reasonably comfortable dinette, plenty of cooking space, and beds for a siesta. The few extra minutes of setup and teardown is more than made up by the ease of towing and storage, and the closer to nature feel of sleeping under canvas.
Granted, we aren't full timers. Strictly weekenders and vacationers. Maybe if we were fulltimers , I would be more concerned about satellite tv, power access steps, auto levelers, wine racks, and...omygawd..can I fit in that space? That's ok. To each their own. Love my IK.
Wine rack, wine rack you say?
Attached Images

PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #27
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disa View Post
bikendan!!! Glad you posted this... What can we do about the condensation... My guy didn't sleep much last night because of the condensation dripping on his head all night.
How did you solve this issue???
Thanks in advance!
Disa, search this forum for "popup gizmos" and "reflectix".

Also this link
http://www.popupgizmos.com
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #28

After reading through this thread I have to ask. Do most of you have leaky bunk ends?
Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #29

No, I would assume most of us don't.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:08 AM   #30

That's good. My pop up would leak in the corners when it was a heavy rain. It is a pain when your mattress and sheets get all wet.

Tags
hybrid