Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
I'm pretty sure Carl did ours as well, if you have any questions, feel free to email me. I may live close enough to help, if needed. Doug and I do not have a good relationship. I think we both cring when we see each other! LOL

Now I will have to find out which one Doug is. Is he their hitch guy that tries to sell you the $1000 Husky?

2013 Rockwood Roo 25RS
KKapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #12
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom
I'm pretty sure Carl did ours as well, if you have any questions, feel free to email me. I may live close enough to help, if needed. Doug and I do not have a good relationship. I think we both cring when we see each other! LOL
Thanks! I do recall you mentioning in a previous post that you and the service guy didn't get along He must have been on his best behavior the other day!

If he tried to sell you the husky centerline hitch for $1000 as KKapa mentioned above I can see how you got off on the wrong foot!! I got my hitch (centerline 801-1200) , break controller (cheaper voyager model), all wired up and installed for $500. I think what helped me in my dealings with Vicars was I had an out the door, quoted (in writing) price for the same model/features including tow equipment from Terrytown. The only reason I stayed with vicars was because they were 2.5 hours closer to me than Terrytown. However My sales lady, Sandy, was quick to point out to me that the hitch normally sells for $1k and what a great deal she was giving me

All in all I am happy for now. I've had the camper in my driveway a few days now, putting it through its paces and getting it stocked up. Move it to storage on Monday and pull it out to dewinterize in May. Heading out on our maiden voyage mothers day weekend to Frankenmuth.

Thanks again for the kind offer for help. I just may be taking you up on that as I am sure to have questions!

2012 Roo 233S | '04 Dodge Ram 1500 Q.C., 4WD, 5.7L V8 Hemi, 3.92 axle
DH - Steve | DD - Addison (AKA Addytude)
I want to capture the world - one photo at a time! | Nikon D7000
Nights camped in 2012 - TBD
stephs2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Congrats Steph! Time to show it off! Pics please...
11' Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
12' Rockwood Roo 233S
Current: AZ
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
It was about the hitch! ROFL We did go with the centerline, though, but I don't remember the price. Just search my hitch posts and you'll see what he was saying to us. He's also the tall guy who gives you the product information and recommendations.

I think the kids and I may sleep in the driveway this weekend or next if these temps stick around! You will LOVE the heated matteresses!
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
We bought our trailer (23ss) from Vicars. Doug tried to sell us the Husky Centerline for $800 or the Husky Friction/Sway Bar System for $500. Of course I politely declined.

The sales transaction and the PDI/walkthru was OK but I left with a sour taste at their high pressure sales tactics regarding the hitch.

BTW, I learnt more about the 23ss by watching the video files on YouTube by RV Wholesalers.
rnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #16
I watched the walk through on YouTube the six part one about 8 times this past week. The dealer was Kinda shocked I knew so much about our and asked so many??'s
I recommend the video to all

kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote

233, 233s