Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #1

Joined the Roo 235S ranks!

OMG-we can officially say that we are Roo 235S owners! We ordered our camper on March 23rd; it came off the FR line on June 12th; and we took delivery of it yesterday. I’m not gonna lie: I’ve been living vicariously through all of the pictures of your campers for months now! We absolutely love this floorplan and are so glad that it is finally (finally!) here. We have already made reservations for a shakedown trip at the beginning of August and then a week of camping in Pismo Beach after that. Now the first plan of action is to figure out how to organize everything and where it should go. Ugh! I’d love to see how you all organize your camper, how you tackle storage challenges, and where you’ve put all your camping stuff. I’m a visual person, so post pictures if you can, and thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roo.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	210077   Click image for larger version

Name:	roo truck.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	210078  
griffsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:47 PM   #2

Congrats! We love ours. Just got back from a week long trip and what a nice upgrade from our pop up, and we enjoyed it. Can't help you with storage ideas as we are still moving stuff around. Nice tow vehicle. Still trying to tweak my WD as it seems to need adjustment after we have loaded the trailer.

Name:	20190708_091726.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	210084

Nights Camped in 2021-?

2020-8, 2019-27, 2018-12, 2017-29, 2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #3

I suspect it will take me awhile before all our gear finds its permanent home.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffsmom View Post
I suspect it will take me awhile before all our gear finds its permanent home.
That's the fun part. Are you taking it out soon? Post some other pics when you get her set up.

Happy camping!

Nights Camped in 2021-?

2020-8, 2019-27, 2018-12, 2017-29, 2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
Retired Panpsychist

I believe our 23IKSS has the same storage locations as the 235S. A couple of suggestions, FWIW:

1. Keep freshwater and sewer gear (in sealed containers, of course) in the storage area nearest to your freshwater inlet and gray/black dump outlet.

2. Keep stabilizing gear (leveling blocks, x-chocks, wheel chocks, etc) together another storage area. On our 23IKSS, we used the rear storage area.

3. The patio mat and other outdoor odds and ends live at one end of the front pass through storage area along with tool bags and other miscellaneous items (bottled water, distilled water, tire and slider tools) at the other end.

We started out without a real idea of where everything should live, but after our first trip, it all sorted itself out organically.

Congratulations and Welcome!

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #6

I made a small clothes storage area under the back bunk. The shelf is wire and it is held up by pvc and a couple of small clips attached to the wall with command strips. I'm not big on putting holes in the camper unless absolutely necessary.

The other shelf I built was below the tv. I made a media center using the remains of the same wire shelf that I had purchased on discount due to there being a bend in the wire ($5 for 10 ft!). I have all of the dvds, books, coloring books, crayons and colored pencils in one place. I also have the remotes, the controls for the mattresses and any cords for electronics in this cupboard. My husband, children and grandchildren were able to return items after use easily.

I don't know why the second pic keeps coming up sideways.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190505_165723.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	210176   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190504_123812.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	210177  
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I believe our 23IKSS has the same storage locations as the 235S. A couple of suggestions, FWIW:

1. Keep freshwater and sewer gear (in sealed containers, of course) in the storage area nearest to your freshwater inlet and gray/black dump outlet.

2. Keep stabilizing gear (leveling blocks, x-chocks, wheel chocks, etc) together another storage area. On our 23IKSS, we used the rear storage area.

3. The patio mat and other outdoor odds and ends live at one end of the front pass through storage area along with tool bags and other miscellaneous items (bottled water, distilled water, tire and slider tools) at the other end.

We started out without a real idea of where everything should live, but after our first trip, it all sorted itself out organically.

Congratulations and Welcome!

We've taken the camper out three times now, and our stuff has found homes in the various exterior storage places, although not where you've suggested. I like your ideas better than mine and think they make better sense than where I'm currently storing things. I foresee a reorganization occurring the next time we take the camper out! So thank you!!
Old 10-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateE View Post
I made a small clothes storage area under the back bunk. The shelf is wire and it is held up by pvc and a couple of small clips attached to the wall with command strips. I'm not big on putting holes in the camper unless absolutely necessary.

The other shelf I built was below the tv. I made a media center using the remains of the same wire shelf that I had purchased on discount due to there being a bend in the wire ($5 for 10 ft!). I have all of the dvds, books, coloring books, crayons and colored pencils in one place. I also have the remotes, the controls for the mattresses and any cords for electronics in this cupboard. My husband, children and grandchildren were able to return items after use easily.

I don't know why the second pic keeps coming up sideways.

Those are great!! My storage under the back bunk is a mess, so some shelves would definitely solve that problem. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #9
Roo Crew

Congrats!! We just got our 235s last week–so pumped. This forum has already been so helpful.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” — Shedd
billskenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #10

I've had mine since February and all I can say is that we have switched up how we store stuff each trip. Probably won't have everything how I want it until the end of next camping season. Still looking at all the gear we take with family of 5, 2 dogs, and kids who bring friends. It's a bunch of stuff to pack.

Behind the dinette drawer I put a toolbox, bottle jack, and other stuff I don't need regular access to. It's a good place for stuff like that.
Previous:
2013 Jayco 19H /// 2012 Ford Flex factory tow package
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #11

OOOOHHHH

I like ALL those ideas! On the "sealed container" thoughts for the sewer and water stuff....... I take delivery on Friday so don't know yet how but I hope to have the outside/underbelly Fencepost/plastic rain gutter Poop Tube holder in action, has anyone found a place to mount one of those on the 235S yet?? For the Fresh Water (ie I am guessing the potable hose along with in line water filter and pressure regulator) what sort of sealed container do you use and where did you find it, im interested !!

THANKS for all the shares!
Ed

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:04 PM   #12

We take delivery of ours on Friday too in OH
HonnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:03 PM   #13

Friday Fun Day~!

Sounds like we are both into a fun Friday! I'll bet the weather in OH will let you make sure the furnace is doin its thing properly. Down here our forecast is for 85-86 degree hi temp tomorrow, so the AC test will be a good one for sure!

2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
Old 01-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #14

We're heading there tonight from SC
Old 01-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #15

Welcome Home!

Not to hijack thread, but I hope everyone is LOVING their new ROO 235S like we are! I also hope your Ohio trip, HonnieD, went well and you are home with your rig!

We had a few minor issues during PDI, largest one is a broken Entry Stair Case (small weld on left hinge failed) which doesn't mean they don't work, just that the stairs won't sit right on the left side causing the door to be "harder than normal" on open/close when the stairs are down. Dealer picked that point up before we even arrived and told us new ones are on order already. Despite my pleading to swap them out of another unit on the lot....(they refused) I am told the new stairs should be in this week. Their Google Reviews are pending them actually honoring their words on that so stay tuned!

As for having the unit home for the weekend, it was VERY busy loading out and much like others have claimed...we stored, moved stuff and stored again and am sure once we camp will discover we want to do the same thing again! In the mean time, I figured a quick picture story of fresh mod's might interest some, so here goes!

FIRST thing I did was buy one of these gems;

So that I could DITCH this famous possible leak point from INSIDE my rig;

And instead make it look like this inside my magic secret hiding corner at the back left of the rig;

I had a set of fishing pole holders that I install into the pass through storage area like so;

To hang the three manual crank/slide/stabilizer tools nice and out of the way;

Then since we don't really "need" and entire width pass through storage, and I prefer to keep potential outside dirty items separate from inside clean ones, I added short (so air still can move and vent) partition walls on each side like so;

Then all my hitch stuff has room on passenger side of pass through;

And the interior has a nice clean separate spot for itself;

And finally, on this rig I BEAT THE MUD DAUBERS to my AC unit before they could find it. Remove power from your rig for safety, take the cover off the AC unit and access the electric (capacitor) box... you'll find a drain/weep hole in the bottom.... DON'T let this happen to you!

That final picture is from our first ROO after the AC would not cool and I discovered the bees had shorted our caps out! This time around I set screen covers over that hole right away, including the drain holes on the passenger side of the pan (between inside box wall and condenser coil) and the one underneath the fan on the back side of the coil....hopefully that is all and I didn't miss any!

I hung the sewer tube holder as well, but didn't get any pictures of that yet. I also need to get an updated "towing picture" for my signature block and hope to do that soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!

2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
Old 01-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #16

Thanks for all the tips. Our trip was great. But long. No issues with the camper RVW did a good job on checking everything. I was trying to think of something to hold all the handles. The fishing rod holder is a great idea. I also thought about putting up a divider in the pass thru areas. Are the water filters known to leak?
Old 01-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnieD View Post
Thanks for all the tips. Our trip was great. But long. No issues with the camper RVW did a good job on checking everything. I was trying to think of something to hold all the handles. The fishing rod holder is a great idea. I also thought about putting up a divider in the pass thru areas. Are the water filters known to leak?
FWIW I've not had a factory water filter/housing leak in 7 years.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #18

On our prior (233S) model, our third trip out we were at Fort Mountain Georgia and during a rain storm in the middle of the night, the clear plastic cylinder blew off the head of the filter unit. We were awoken by the thud of that followed by rushing water as our brand new camper started to flood! Thankfully we carry a bunch of "garage towels" (we use old bath towels for car cleaning) and were able to dry everything up and run fans to do our best at drying things out. I have read quite a few other posts where other people also had failures, but that doesn't necessarily mean the filters are habitual offenders, just that people wrote in about them. For those reads, I am sure there are 10 or more times as many people who never have problems but they don't right in to say so!

For me its just a matter of...the fewer "things" inside my unit susceptible to failure and leaking the better. While YES I understand pex joints/crimps and shark bites can fail as well I just have a lot more peace of mind keeping my water filter OUTSIDE of my rig instead of inside it! I have used the inline little blue cylinders you can get at any rv site, amazon and walmart for not much money and have never had a problem with them.

Enjoy exploring your rig, hopefully you can store it at your home and play with it free will. We unfortunately (homeowners association rules) had to return ours to our storage location Sunday afternoon... it was a tough goodbye as we would have enjoyed some more meals and "break in time" slumbering within the expanse of the floor plan!

2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
Old 01-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #19

HA! Perfect add there Dave!!

I just finished writing that reply in my response! I know there are plenty of folks without issue...for me its just a personal thing to rip that sucker out! ;-)

2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
Old 01-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #20

P.S. - my line about "famous possible leak point" was just because running out of my rig in the pitch black, in the middle of a rain storm, around 3 AM.....in my underwear... to turn the water supply off before we totally flooded......

Well THAT is famous to me! ;-) hahahahahaha!

2020 Rockwood Roo 235s

Tags
roo