Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 09:07 PM   #1

JT Strongarm on 23ws review

Hey folks I want to give a report on my new JT Strongarm stabilizers, I just got back from Toledo Ohio and Fort Wayne Indiana with the 23ws and well I just had a blast!

On the JT Strongarms, I added them for a couple reasons, first, when my kid plays his video games while sitting at the dinette he gets into this attack mode and bounces me all over creation (He's intense!) Also, I noticed the last couple times camping, when someone is in the opposite bunk you can feel them a lot when they move around, and when they walk across the floor in general. (All of the above is cured with the JT Strongarms)

The installation was rough but I think the installation instructions contributed to that, they are confusing and would be better if they had less words and more pictures, I had to drill out my foot bolts to 3/8" as they were metric from the Chinese stock stabilizer jacks LOL and there is a small bridge piece in the bottom you have to drill along with the bolt holes, (tough deal)

Anyway, I usually run the jacks up and down with a cordless so adding the JT Strongarms ads a little extra work (you have to loosen then tighten the T handles on each arm when you raise or lower) when setting up and tearing down but it is really worth it. Walking around the camper feels a lot like being in the house, I didn't feel movement from the kids at all and actually they were dancing in front of the dinette goofing around and I suddenly realized they were not rocking the place at all.

I think they were $255 total from Amazon and seem to be made really well, I am a little worried about forgetting to tighten the t handles and losing one but I can always use a regular bolt and may weld up a couple for back ups in case, (I don't want to camp even one night without these, they make that much of a difference.)

Here is what they look like when installed I highly recommend them and will not be owning a camper without them, the stock set up is just too weak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File May 24, 8 59 06 PM.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	109738   Click image for larger version

Name:	File May 24, 9 00 55 PM.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	493.1 KB
ID:	109739  
Old 05-31-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

Steady Fast

Just finished installing the steady fast system myself this weekend and it is a huge improvement. DW is very happy with it as she was not to keen on the shaking of the trailer as the dogs will run and jump up the steps to the bed room or me stomp'n around. I do not know why the makers of the coaches don't just include them. I'm sure that with their buying power and ease of installing them it could not drive the price up hardly anything.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt and Michele View Post
Just finished installing the steady fast system myself this weekend and it is a huge improvement. DW is very happy with it as she was not to keen on the shaking of the trailer as the dogs will run and jump up the steps to the bed room or me stomp'n around. I do not know why the makers of the coaches don't just include them. I'm sure that with their buying power and ease of installing them it could not drive the price up hardly anything.
Yes, that is a really good idea, I read a lot of reviews before I installed them, it also looks like your system is the same thing I have only a better price, I didn't find those until I bought mine or I would have ordered them LOL

One story I have about how steady these things make your rig, This trip I took my 23 year old daughter and my son while the DW stayed home. Between college and my business we all never got a chance to see the Star Wars movie so we bought it to view on this trip.

Sat afternoon in Toledo it was too hot to be outside so we pulled all the window shades and curtains and covered the door window to make it really dark in there like a movie theatre Ha Ha, And since I rewired the speakers the movie sounded really good in the ceiling! I have a sub woofer to install but didn't get to that yet, anyway little did we know outside was quite a wind storm howling and shaking the trees! My son opened the door to grab something and we discovered there was a full blown storm brewing! We never felt the camper move or heard anything! the privacy curtain was pulled on the bunk so we didn't see or hear the tent end flap.

After a lot of wind the rain finally came and we could hear it on the roof but still no shaking or tossing. I think these things should be on the build sheet they are that good, if you are ordering a rig and read this ask your dealer to price installing a set, it would be really nice to have these from day one.

I actually think what I have is a little robust for my Hybrid, I think you could get by with smaller tubes but hey I am no engineer so what do I know, I do know the movie was great as was the trip.

Dw said we are going out in the middle of June so I will get to see how they work again.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #4

That really sounds great. Glad they are working for you, and I noticed you mentioned a sub. I kinda like to install one myself but I'm worried about how loud it may be. The DW can definitely still get her groove on and I don't want her ticken off the neighborhood if NWA or something along that line starts playing!