Old 05-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #11

Yes, you can get to the bathroom in both models with the slide "closed". No problem at all on the 21SS. The 23SS has a bit narrower walkway getting past the dinette, but it's wide enough for a single person to walk through without any problems.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

i have a 23SS and it has a number of advantages over the 21SS.
counterspace, storage, wardrobe and more "sitting" room in the bathroom.
i recommend sitting on the toilet in both. you'll see the difference.
yes, you can access the toilet when the slide is closed.

the 21SS does have more floorspace when open. but we chose our 23SS due to the above.
i doubt if you can fit a tupperware bin in either outside storage areas. both are not very high but long and short.

as was said, the Shamrock and Roo are twins. the Roo has many more dealer, therefore it is the more popular of the two.

we love ours and there are lots of happy 23SS owners who have done lots of mods.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #13

Outside storage doors on the 23SS are short and wide but the areas in side are much taller and wider than it appears. If your dealer told you 23K is about as low as he can go he either doesn't want to sell or you look like a plum ripe for picking. $16500 bought our new Roo with every available option plus the dealer threw in some goodies to sweeten the pot. And business for them was booming at the time (2010). Nothing has gone wrong with our Rockwood that I couldn't fix myself and we have used it approx twice per month from April to November plus long vacations between.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #14

Thank you all very much for the replies. I considered going out of state to purchase one to save a few thousand dollars, but I'm concerned about warranty issues, etc. If I buy out of state, can I take it to a local place for warranty work??? Anyone had that issue?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnitchell View Post
Thank you all very much for the replies. I considered going out of state to purchase one to save a few thousand dollars, but I'm concerned about warranty issues, etc. If I buy out of state, can I take it to a local place for warranty work??? Anyone had that issue?
we live on the west coast, where RV prices are the highest in the country.
we bought our Roo from a dealer in Chicago and brought it back. FR found local dealers that were very willing to do the warranty work. in fact, one didn't even sell FR rigs.
we never had problems finding local dealers to do work, that we didn't buy from.
making a call to the FR brand warranty rep, before you make your final decision, should get you the same result.

by the way, we saved over $4000, even after subtracting trip costs.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
we live on the west coast, where RV prices are the highest in the country.
we bought our Roo from a dealer in Chicago and brought it back. FR found local dealers that were very willing to do the warranty work. in fact, one didn't even sell FR rigs.
we never had problems finding local dealers to do work, that we didn't buy from.
making a call to the FR brand warranty rep, before you make your final decision, should get you the same result.

by the way, we saved over $4000, even after subtracting trip costs.
That's awesome! $4,000 is quite the savings! I'm definitely going to expand my search radius.

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock